12. The Ouija Board

Natalie had just though of the most crazy idea ever, but it might just work. She suggested we bring Natalie into her aunt and uncles room and re-open the portal with an Ouija board. We all agreed it was a great idea. But we promised that if this didn't work, we'd have to let her go.

"Are we all set?" Natalie asked as Jace brought in Clary.

"Yup," we all relied. Natalie had ran home quick to grab her Ouija board, we had no clue of its authenticity, but we hopped and prayed for it to work. We all sat around the board, we waited and waited but it was to no avail. Neither Clary, or Natalie's aunt or uncle responded. Finally we heard Jace.

"Let me try it." Everyone turned around wide eyed. Jace grabbed ahold of the bored, tons of energy was pouring off of him. You could tell he was concentrating extremely hard. Suddenly there was a bright light that emerged from the bored and a hand, then another and another popped out. Natalie cried, embracing her aunt and uncle. Once the portal was closed Jace hugged Clary, as a mother hugs her child. Daran stood there behind them, a petrified look on his face. It was probably because being in the darkness so long, he forgot what it was like to live.

"Guys," Clary said wiping the tears from her eyes. "This is Daran, we made it guys, we changed our fate." Everyone hugged tears escaping their eyes, even some of the strongest people, like Max, were crying. But they weren't tears of sadness, they were tears of pure joy. This had to have been the happiest moment of our lives. When we got back to Natalie's house, we were exhausted, we all plopped down on the floor and fell alseep together in a big clump.

The sun came up blinding us with a beautiful pink-orange light. The room looked like it was on fire, but that's because it actually was. We all jumped up, back to back, as the flames got closer and closer. We all waited for the flames to consume us, but suddenly Natalie was on fire. Maybe she was the key, maybe she could prevent the fire. She was the only one of our past selves that had escaped the fire unharmed. But that's the thing, all of us are the key, we all have a special role to play, Clary got Daran, Jace brought back Clary and Daran, Natalie thought about the Ouija board being the portal; and there was probably more to come, way more to come.

"Guys!" Clary screamed. "Natalie!" Everyone turned to look at Natalie, she was holding a ball of fire. Suddenly with a swift stop motion of her hand, the fire ball flew. Natalie looked so calm, as though she knew exactly what she was doing. Then she drew her hands together and the fire came into them. Suddenly the house we were standing in was normal, no fire, just a regular house. But we later realized we were not in Natalie's house anymore, we were in the house of our past selves. It was just as it was before the first fire occured. We all walked around in awe, this was our first vision all together. We walked to the back of the house together and saw our rooms. All six of our cloaks were hung in the closet. We stared at everything in awe, it was just like a fairy tale. When we walked outside we caught ourselves in a beautiful, enchanted forest. The violets around the house gave off a happy glow, and the trees seemed to smile at us. Everything was just perfect.

Walking down a path in the forest we came across a sign, it was slightly blurry. I could make some of it out, and it looked like it said Creverlest Woods. Suddenly everything seemed to fade to dark, and we all found ourselves waking up in Natalie's house. We stared blankly at each other, it seemed as though everything was coming together.