1. Clary's Sight

I never really knew I had powers, that is, until one day. My mother had been going back to school to become a massage therapist. She learned all this cool stuff, about energy, reiki, and chakras. I found it all pretty interesting. I knew of course, I wouldn't be able to do it though, I doubted my abilities. 

But one night, when my mother was at school, my brother was at my grams; and I was left alone in the house, I decided to try it...

I sat down Indian style in my room, I cupped my hands as if I was holding a ball, and I felt it, the energy. But my mother had told me everyone could do that, she did it at school with her colleges. So I still doubted my abilities, I still went throughout my day thinking I was normal. When in reality, I was not.

I had a vision in one of my classes, so deep, so vivid, the other students vanished. I couldn't see anything else but the dilapidated building I was in. The air was tinted blue, the sofas were ripped up, ashes were falling from above, the floor was creaky and dry-rotted. I had no clue where I was, yet it seemed so familiar. In front of me was a fire pit, beside me there was a table; and I was standing in the middle of the living room. There was a lot of room, I thought it had to have been for a group of people to sit in. You know, make like, a circle and play truth or dare, or whatever.

When the vision started to fade, I felt a sense of loss. I was drawn to that place, as if it meant something to me. I went about my day as I normally would, but all of my questions would soon be answered. Just a few more months...