Epilogue

Derek

"Another round?" Cole asked, slapping my back.

"Nah, I think I'm going to head home." I said, standing up and throwing a few bills down on the table. I'd meet him after work for a quick drink, but I was ready to get out of here now. "Riley is with Cam's dad camping this week, and I've got a lot of plans for Cam, if you know what I mean."

Cole rolled his eyes, chuckling. "TMI little bro."

I smirked. "I'll call you tomorrow. Maybe we can take the boat out and fish for a while."

"Sounds good. Tell the Mrs. hello." He waved.

She wasn't officially the Mrs, but I finally got a ring on her finger and a promise that someday she'd be ready. I was content with that. I knew Cam was mine forever, and I had no doubts about our relationship, but I also understood her hesitation to get married. Her only experience with it had gone up in smoke, and although this would be different, I knew it was tough. I didn't need the official title, all I needed was her.

We were living in the Vancouver penthouse and spending our weekends at the mountain house. It was nice to be in the city since Cam and I both were working a little and we were close to Riley's school, but I think we all looked forward to our weekends away.

When we made the move, Cole and Kate, and the girls tagged along with us. My parents even spent half the year up here, and Cam's dad visited whenever he could. We were constantly surrounded by family, and while I loved it, sometimes I craved some time alone with my girls. Tonight was one of those times.

Cam wasn't expecting me so early. I told her I would be with Cole for a while, and I was excited to surprise her. I was quiet when I came through the front door and heard her back in our bedroom.

"Cam?" I called.

She didn't answer at first, so I headed that way.

The bathroom door was ajar, and the light was on. I pushed it open the rest of the way.

Cam was at the counter, holding onto it with both of her hands.

"Jesus, Derek." She jumped when I came in. "What are you doing here?" She swept her hands over the counter, knocking something off into the drawer. "I wasn't expecting you until later. What happened to Cole?"

She was definitely up to something, and I wasn't going to let her off the hook. "I told him I had to be quick. I wanted to surprise you."

"Well, you did." She let out a sharp laugh before heading toward the door. "Come on, why don't we go get something to drink?"

"Not so fast." I grabbed her hand, turning her back around. "What were you doing in here?"

"Nothing!" she said defensively.

"Are you lying to me?" I smirked, putting my finger to her chin.

"Derek..." Her cheeks blushed.

I let go of her hand, opening the drawer. When I looked inside, my heart nearly stopped.

I pulled out a pregnancy test, and then another, and then another.

Positive. Positive. Positive.

My eyes widened as I turned to her. "Cam..."

"It's probably just a mistake. The doctor said the hormones they have me on could give me a false positive." She rambled, clearly shaken.

"Yeah, one positive." My voice was hoarse. "How many of these did you take?"

Cam blushed again, opening another drawer. She pulled out a handful. "I took eight." A smile tugged at her lips.