Chapter 6 - Glimpses

Drawing: Mundus by SiriEss

6.

Glimpses

Julie locked eyes with the emerging silhouette. The shadowed hallway and pale moonshine prevented her from obtaining a decent look, but she knew well by what she saw that there was a handsome individual with a well-toned body standing before her.

"Well, aren't you going to introduce me?" Julie's words were aimed at Reyna but the flirtatious tone was for Mundus.

Reyna was speechless, also staring at the demon. He had disregarded his odd attire for simple and moderate clothes: faded blue jeans he hadn't even bothered to button up and a deep grey button up shirt which buttons were also neglected.

The dim light caressed his exposed chest and abdomen, teasing the two girls in front of him. His neck was strong and tight and lead up to a wickedly delicious face that was half covered by dark hair. A small smile crept on his lips, knowing the darkness would hide his fangs.

Reyna clamped a hand over her mouth to prevent herself from crying out his name. She wasn't so sure if the urge to do so was out of rage.

"Well, Reyna?" Julie nudged her.

Surprisingly, Mundus was the one to speak, "My name's Dan. Reyna was simply showing me up here."

His modern use of vocabulary stunned Reyna. He had used a contraction. Even said her name.

Julie gave her friend a mischievous grin. "Wow, Reyna. I didn't know you were like that."

Reyna turned a bright red, placing Julie's smirk and Mundus' attire together. "No! What are you talking about? No!"

Julie's grin grew. "Don't worry. I'll keep Dante from coming up here!"

Reyna gasped. "What are you talking about? It's not like that!"

"It's not what it seems. I just dropped a drink on my shirt and Reyna was so kind as to find me another one," Mundus spoke, enjoying the squirming that Reyna was going through.

Julie giggled and placed a hand on Reyna's shoulder. "I'm just messing with you. I know you wouldn't do that."

She stared at the redhead, stunned.

"So, are you from our high school? I really haven't seen you around. I would've remembered you," Julie addressed Mundus.

"I would've remembered you too. I'm a transfer, but sadly, I'll be moving back home soon. My parents are migrant workers."

"That's too bad. If you ever see me around, don't hesitate to say hi," Julie said and smiled. "I'll leave you to Reyna to help you with your...problem."

She pulled Reyna's arm and whispered to her, "Did you ever notice him around? Seriously, you have to be my wing girl when you come back downstairs. I need to score a taste of him."