Chapter 25 - The Onyx and Jade World

25.

The Onyx and Jade World

Mundus growled at the small body attached to him. He grasped the female's hair in a fist, forcing the locks to ponytail in his palm. He peeled her off him and lifted her to meet her eye to eye. Her bare feet, socked up to her knees with that same crimson ribbon, minus her toes and heels, were dangling about a foot from the ground. If her position pained her, she did not show it.

"Lina!" Mundus snarled at her.         

"Master!" she smiled and tried to hug his face

"Master!" she smiled and tried to hug his face. Mundus extended his arm, forcing her away from him. The action waved her hair like a harsh wind through long blades of grass.

"Master!" she continued. "This one has been waiting so long for Master's return! This one has been with muth-"

Mundus clamped her mouth shut with his free hand, glared at her, and then released her. She defied gravity as she slowly floated down, her feet stopping a few inches above the grass.

"Master!" she squealed again, only this time shock outlined her words. Her mouth was agape in horror as she faced Reyna, finally taking notice of her. "A human followed Master!"

Reyna held her breath as the female came up to her. Even with her floating stature, she was half a head shorter than Reyna. She let out a soft "um" at the female's judging glare. Her eyes were a dark plum color. Mundus wrapped a defensive arm around Reyna.

The female gasped. "Oh, Master! Not again!"

"Silence!" he barked.

She whimpered and bowed her head.

Mundus let out a sigh mixed with a growl, turning away from the female to face the endless horizon. Releasing Reyna, he began to pace forward. Reyna immediately followed him and fell into step with him. 

"Twenty," Mundus suddenly grumbled in a low, commanding voice.

"Huh?" Reyna gave him a quizzical look.

He glanced down at her. "Such was not aimed at you. Lina acknowledges the order."

"Yes, Master!" she beamed from behind them. "Twenty feet for this one!"

The female hovered still in her spot as Reyna and Mundus continued to distance themselves from her. She then started after them, constantly keeping a twenty feet gap reserve. Reyna gave the female a curious glance. Then, her face lit up in realization. She whirled towards Mundus. "You have a restraining order on her or something?"

"I simply desire her apart from me," Mundus spoke looking forward. "I am not fond of her in her current form."

Confused yet curious, Reyna continued to pry. "Then why let her come? Why does she call you 'Master'? Can't you just tell her to go away?"

His sights remained forward, pace unbroken. "I can not. She is my weapon."

"Weapon?"

"The best analogy I may offer you is to label her as my sword's soul."