The Weight (Song Preference)

the weight by shawn mendes makes me cry, you don't have any idea..like no idea..zero..zilch..none..LISTEN TO THE SONG IF YOU CAN BC CRY

Thomas:

I wanna go back, forget that it's over, paint it in black, when you left me alone I never knew, she was sleeping next door with the kid I grew up with, and I can't go back to her anymore, no..

Thomas sat staring at your bed. His throat dryed up as tears pooled in the back of his eyes, realisation what was happening hitting him like a speeding car. The memory of only a few hours ago, forcing it's way into his broken mind. 

It was only a few hours before that he had come home from work. He saw you typing away that your laptop, a pencil being chewed on between your teeth as you concentrated on your assignment. Thomas ran up to his room and grabbed his drink bottle and changed into his usual running gear. He jogged back down stairs and gave you a simple kiss on the forehead which you had acknowledged with a giggle and small smile.

He left you in there, the thought of you inviting him over or anyone over never entering his mind. He jogged around the block, deciding maybe he'd cut it short today and just grab you both some MacDonalds from around the corner. Carrying your usual and his own, he jogged back to the house, pushing open the door and placing the food on the kitchen counter, a grin erupting on his face when he heard your voice.

You had groaned up in your room but, Thomas thought nothing off of it, you probably just witnessed your laptop dying before you could make it to the charger that sat in your bedroom wall. When he walked in, he wasn't expecting to see you ontop of him. You had your hands firming holding his shoulders while you kissed him lustfully and breathlessly. 

"Y-Y/N?" he whimpered, his heart dropping a million miles into his stomach.

You lifted yourself from him looking up through your eyelashes, not knowing who was in the doorway. Your eyes shot fully open and you scrambled further away from him. From..

"Newt?" Thomas' voice cracked, his heart finally smashing into a million shards, like a piece of already hot glass being dropped to the floor.

Newt's breath wasn't steady enough for him to be able to form any words, he just sat up, breathing heavily, with your lipstick trailed across his shirtless body, neck and face. 

Thomas' heart slowly cracked again, staring at the messy bed that you had been lying ontop of Newt in. Newt out of all the people in the world. Why couldn't it be anyone he didn't know? Just imagining it being some stranger eased Thomas' soul. But no, out of all people, it was his best friend that had you ontop of him.

His eyes wandered to the raided closet on the wall when you had taken most of your stuff from when Thomas had screamed and cried for you to get out and leave. But never did he actually insult you or hurt you. He could never. Even if he hated you with all his guts, he would never want to hurt your feelings in such a way. With Newt..it was the same. His heart just continued to break as he got upset over the matter.

He didn't think he could ever be ready to give all your stuff back. He'd probably keep something of yours, even if it was just a teddy bear you had. He'd never think about letting go of you. He'd never take your house key and lock himself away from you. He loved you and it was going to take a while for that fact to change.

Newt:

You tell me you were happier with him, you want me to stay, and you tell me that you needed time but you pushed me away, and when you try to take me back, my heavy heart just breaks..