One night- Seo Changbin

Changbin stared out the window as he stirred his hot chocolate, watching the snowflakes fall down his driveway through the window. It had been snowing consistently for the past few days, he guessed he'd be snowed in the next day.

"I guess I'll need to cancel my trip to Minho's place tomorrow." He murmured to himself, setting down his spoon. Chan and Felix had been staying over there for Christmas since they couldn't really spend it with their family. It seemed Changbin couldn't see his family any time soon either, so he had agreed to join them. Now, it didn't seem possible.

Sighing, he tried to take a sip of his warm drink, but was interrupted by the sound of his doorbell.

Setting down his mug, Changbin went to check who was at the door. It was almost 11 pm, and he couldn't think of anyone who'd visit him this late at night.

Peeking through the peephole, Changbin saw a familiar figure shivering in the cold, bundled in winter clothing.

Changbin opened the door, confused. "Y/n? What are you doi-"

Before he could finish his sentence, he was pushed out of the way.

"Oh thank the lord! Warmth!" His best friend exclaimed as she hurried over to his fireplace.

Choi Y/n was someone who had stuck to him since high school, and even after graduation, had maintained a close relationship with him. She and Changbin were pretty close, and he felt comfortable with her. Comfortable enough to cuddle up with her on winter nights and give each other piggy back rides, though it has been a while.

To be honest, Changbin liked her... a lot. He had admired her first, for her strong will and confidence. She seemed like an adorable little human being with a heart of steady gold, who could stand on her own feet with pride. Changbin really did think of her as a friend at first. But as they got closer, he got to know things. Things that made him want to hold her close and protect her.

"What are you doing here at this time you little brat?" Changbin scolded, worried. She seemed to have been out in the snow for a while now since she was shivering.

"Explain later, warmth first." She said, leaning closer to the fire. "Oh! Hot chocolate!"

"Wait! That's for me-"

But it was too late, the girl had already chugged down the whole mug.

"You stole my drink idiot." Changbin pouted, sitting down next to her. "I made it myself, and I was looking forward to drinking it."

"I'll make you another one, I'm just realllly cold right now." She curled up into a ball.

"What happened though?" Changbin asked, reaching for the blanket on his couch. "Why were you out so late?"

She hesitated for a moment, as Changbin wrapped her in the blanket.

"Um, I was out with a friend, and we didn't realize it was so late. When I tried to drive home, the roads were blocked. The police said they were all iced up, and driving would be dangerous. Since your house was close by, I came here."

"Where did you leave your car?" Changbin asked, growing worried.

"A couple of blocks away I guess, I walked here." She moved closer to the fire.

"You'll burn yourself." Changbin pulled her back by the waist. "Anyway, should I drive you home? Or do any friends live nearby?"

"If they did, would I come here? And I just told you the road home is blocked, dummy."

"Then..." Changbin blushed. "You want to stay the night here?"

"Please Binnie~" She pouted. "I have nowhere to go!"