Movie Date- Hwang Hyunjin

"Y/n~ It's the weekend~" Hwang Hyunjin slipped into the desk in front of me. "Wanna hang out?"

Hyunjin had been my best friend since middle school, ever since he pulled me out of a fistfight with another girl in our grade. He had taken me to the nurse's office, where we hit it off and became pretty close. He was the new kid back then, so I introduced him to my friends and he soon fit into the gang. But we were always closer than the other boys, we were like soulmates.

Well, was I attracted to him?

Yes, of course, It's Hwang Hyunjin we're talking about. When you spend most of your day with this man, and you see him brushing his long hair back every five minutes, it's impossible to not fall in love.

But I realized our friendship mattered way more than some stupid crush. He already had every girl in class swoon over him shamelessly. As the only girl he felt comfortable with, I couldn't do that to him. We needed each other, and if my little crush made us grow apart, I'd never forgiven myself.

"You're spacing out again." He waved his hand in front of my face. "What do you say? Wanna hang out?"

"Hm? Oh yeah um." I shook my head as I caught myself staring at him. "Depends on what you want to do."

He shrugged, resting his head on his hands. "I don't know, anything you wanted to do this weekend?"

I tapped my chin with my finger, staring out the window as I thought.

"Oh! There's this new action movie that came out yesterday. I was planning to rope in the guys and watch it." I exclaimed.

He smiled warmly for a second, distracted by something. But as he processed my words, he blushed.

"A movie? Just the two of us?" He smiled shyly.

Taken aback, I began backtracking. "We can do something else! Um, yeah..."

"No no! I wanna go!" He whined like a puppy. "I'll book the tickets, text you the time later?"

Hesitantly, I nodded. He gave me a wide bright smile, making my heartbeat slightly faster than its normal rate.

"Wanna walk home together?" He suggested as I packed my bags.

I frowned, Hyunjin and I had to take different routes home, living pretty far from each other.

"No it's fine, Jisung and I live close by, so I'll go with him."

Every trace of happiness faded from Hyunjin's face, and he frowned. I remembered that out of all the boys, Hyunjin and Jisung fought quite a lot.

"Oh." Was all he said, with a poker face. "Well, see you tonight then."

He slung his bag over his shoulder, leaving the classroom with a nonchalant 'bye'.

Shrugging off his weird behavior, I slung on my own bag and went to find Jisung.

***

"Sorry, I'm late." I pant as I run up to Hyunjin, who was waiting at the popcorn stands.

He smiled, pocketing his phone. "This wouldn't have happened if you let me pick you up." He teased.

"Then we'd both be late." I grinned. "Let's go buy snacks."

"Already bought em." He gestured to popcorn and coke on the table beside him.

I frowned. "I'm pretty sure there was a silent agreement that you pay for tickets and I pay for snacks."

He shrugged. "It's just popcorn, let it slide this once."

Squinting in suspicion, I thanked him and we head inside the cinema hall.