Part 2

"The air here is pretty nice isn't it?"

"Yes, it is."

After finishing that match with her, she led me to the rooftop.

I sat down on a small bench while Sakayanagi was standing while supporting her body with her cane and her hand on the railings.

I had never once come here so the view looked nice. The breeze brushing against my cheeks felt nice as well.

"This drink is pretty good."

I said while sipping the cold drink from the can that Sakayanagi had bought for the two of us.

"Thanks."

She had already finished her drink and was about to throw the can in the dustbin when I stopped her.

"Wait. Don't throw that. Hand it to me."

She handed that can to me and asked, "Why?"

I put my drink beside me and aimed at the dustbin like a basketball player.

I threw it in the air.

The can arched beautifully before it fell inside the dustbin.

"Amazing."

For some reason, she found it worthy of praise. I accepted that with a sip of my drink.

"Ayanokoji-kun, what will you do after graduation?"

"As I had said before, my fate is set in stone."

"I see."

There was no escaping that man. I was lucky that I had managed to survive this long in this school for this long. The moment I step foot outside this school the walla protecting me will crumble and disappear. I have now nowhere to run. I will go back to the White Room and do what 'that man' says.

"But what if I tell you that I can change that fate of yours?"

My hand that was carrying the can to my mouth stopped midair, "What do you mean?"

We locked gazes with each other. There was something in her violet eyes that was making me curious about her earlier statement.

She was about to speak when the door to the rooftop suddenly opened.

Both of us turned to look towards that person.

"Masumi-san? What's wrong?"

"Some urgent work has come up

"Some urgent work has come up."

"Is that something important?"

"Yes. It is. You need to come immediately."

"Okay. Got it."

She used one hand to hold down her skirt that was flying because of the breeze but it was too late. I caught the full view of her whole white garter belt.

"It is quite embarrassing. I think I would have Ayanokoji-kun take responsibility."

She said with her face flushed red.

That was when I thought that she is a girl after all.

"What most people call fate is their own stupidity. Remember that Ayanokoji-kun." With that statement, she started walking towards the door.

"Aren't you coming down with us?"

She said holding the doorknob.

"I want to stay here for a while. The place is quite comfortable."

"That's unfortunate. If I had known you would like it, perhaps I would have brought you here sooner. It certainly would have a nice ring to it right-The place for only the two of us."

She giggled like a child for some while before going along with Kamuro.

I thought back to what Sakayanagi said just a while ago.

There are many people that give up on things saying that it is fate. There is nothing we can do. In other words, they fall into the trap of fatalism.

But I am not stupid. At least I don't think I am.

I know just how strong I am. And that is the reason why I also know how impossible it is to run away from that man.

After I graduate there is nowhere to run. No matter where I go that man wouldn't let me rest.

The fact that I managed to run away and stay in this school for three years was a miracle.

And miracles don't happen twice. If that were so, then the word miracle wouldn't have carried so much weight with it.

I finished my drink and aimed at the bin again.

This time the can didn't get in.

It bounced off the rim and rotated for a while before falling down the rooftop through the gaps in the railings.

See.

Just like how the first can went in and how the second one didn't.

There was no difference in the angle and force that I used while throwing the two cans. It was a miracle that the first one went it. And yes, miracles don't happen twice. Thus, the second one didn't make it.

I walked towards the door, closed it behind me, and walked leisurely towards the stairs.

I looked around the school that I will be soon leaving and tried to commit to it to my memory as I walked.

I didn't realize that the can that fell off the roof was crushed underneath a certain someone's foot.

Note:

Finally!!!!!!

Finally, we have reached the end of the novel.

Now, all that's left are the side stories and my rambings in the afterword.