Part 1

Immediately after Chabashira-sensei left the class, Horikita took charge and went in front of the classroom.

"Aww, there are so so many things packed in this exam, aren't there?"Kei, slumping on her desk, voiced out what many of us were feeling. 

To put it in a short and simpler way, there were many tasks to be handled. First, there is the chit drawing event where we have to draw a chit and do what has been mentioned there. Only after completing that, we would be able to get the key to open the box with the riddle. We will need to find the four batons with the help of the riddles and hand it to the four participants of the swimming event. Then the triathlon part will start. It almost felt like the school was trying to throw whatever they could at us.

"Yes, I believe that as well. But there is nothing we can do about that. So, let us discuss how to proceed with things. First I want you all to check the rules and conditions for the team triathlon that has been posted on the school website." 

All of us opened our tablets and browsed through the school website where the rules have been summarized. 

The special exam:-

The first part of the third year's final special examination, 'The Team Triathlon', is an event based on the multisport race triathlon, though the way it will be conducted will be largely different from your regular triathlon. 

-First, there will be a drawing event, where each class has to draw one chit from the box which includes many individual and group events in it. After completing the required task, you will be able to obtain a key to a box where the first hint for obtaining the baton will be presented.

 -A team of four participants will then solve the riddles and obtain the four batons which they will provide to each of the four participants of the swimming event.

-The triathlon events will take place in the following order: swimming, cycling and running.

The three sports:

-Swimming: The swimmers will have to complete three laps after receiving the baton and hand the baton to their teammates who will be at one end of the pool.

-Cycling: After receiving the baton, the cyclists will ride their cycle, outside the school, covering a distance of 3 km before entering the school grounds. There will be supervisors at different points so that no accident occurs. The cyclists will then enter the racecourse area and hand their baton to their corresponding teammate.

-Running: After receiving the baton, the runner has to run in the race field which is 400m in length. There will be ten hurdles placed after the 200m mark, till 300m at a distance of 10m each. The one to cross the finish line first will be declared the winner.

The number of participants and conditions:

-Four players from each class have to participate in each of the three events and also the riddle-solving team, i.e., 4 for the riddle-solving team, 4 for swimming, 4 for cycling, and 4 for the hurdle race, making a total of 16.

-The total number of participants for each class may be different according to the draw.

-The 16 players for the aforementioned events have to predetermined and their names should be submitted at least two days before the exam. Once submitted they can't be changed and if not submitted on time, there will be a penalty as per the school's discretion.

-Substitutes are also allowed in case of injuries but one has to pay one hundred thousand points for one substitution.