Part 2

"Hmm? Ayanokoji?"

When I opened the door to the classroom, I spotted Chabashira-sensei standing while leaning on the window.

"What are you doing here, Chabashira-sensei?"

I asked her as I approached my seat.

"Nothing. Just checking out how my students are doing."

From the window here, the athletics ground was in plain view.

"You two were quite fast. That was amazing."

She had also seen Koenji and me running against each other.

"Thank you."

I started arranging my belongings and she just kept quiet and gazed outside the window. Silence settled in the room.

"Ayanokoji."

"Yes?"

"Do you resent me for having used you?"

"What are you saying so suddenly?"

"Just answer me."

I didn't know why she was asking this now so abruptly but apparently, she wanted an answer from me. The answer was quite simple.

"No."

I said matter of factly. She looked a bit taken aback by my response which was within my expectations.

"Why?"

"I am certain that I was not happy to be threatened to do things that I didn't want. But that was acceptable. After all, I had my expulsion on the line and you had managed to bring up some amazing stuff so that I had no way of refusing back then."

Back then, there was no way for any teachers to know about my situation. And the fact that she knew about 'that man' was something I couldn't overlook. Although, I did have my suspicions I had no way of clearing them. But that was all cleared when 'that man' contacted me and I finally got to meet Chairman Sakayanagi.

If I was in her shoes, I would have definitely tried to use someone else to my convenience as well.

"Though I must say, lying and threatening your students doesn't befit a teacher."

Giving a smile spoke, "Yeah, I agree with that."

"Since I answered your question, I think I have the right to ask a question of my own."

"Go ahead."

"Why are you so obsessed with reaching Class A?"

She turned around to face me with a somewhat anxious look as if she was pondering whether to answer me or not.

I knew that the teachers here wanted their class to reach Class A but not as much as she did. She was unusually obsessed with reaching Class A and that was proved by her actions. When she was backed against a corner, she stooped to trying to threaten me. The reason was still largely unknown but I had an inkling that it was related to her school days. Hoshinomiya-sensei did try to say something but it was all vague and she never completed what she had been trying to say back then. I was sort of curious and that was why I asked her.

After wandering for a while in her thoughts, she seemed like she had resolved herself to answer me.

"It all started when I was a student here. Back then-"

She suddenly stopped talking as we could hear footsteps nearing our classroom.

"I will continue some other day."

She started to head towards the entrance and when she opened the door a female figure was standing there. She spoke nothing and went out.

That female student approached me with a dubious look on her face.