Chapter 1: The Teacher's Meeting: Intro

It was on a certain day in February.

The final examination for all of the three school years was approaching. And the teachers were busy with different paper works, promotions, and preparation for the graduation ceremony. And that also included the preparation for the final battle.

"That about sums it up."

In the meeting room, a lone man finished his explanation and turned off the white monitor before him. The curtains slowly opened and the broad day sunlight lit the dark room.

Chairman Sakayanagi looked at the teachers and checked whether they had anything to say.

"This times' exam for the third years will be divided into two parts then."

Breaking the short silence, the homeroom teacher for third year Class D, Chabashira spoke.

"Ah, yes. We just thought to change the exam for the third years starting from this batch."

He looked at the rest of the teachers and continued in his charismatic voice.

"Every year we conduct only a single special exam. Although the exams themselves were tough, it was impossible to incorporate both the physical and academic aspects to the full extent in them and that made the exams somewhat unfair. After all, depending on what sort of exam we presented them with, it may work in favor of one class and it may be implausible for the other class. And I also think that it gives an opportunity for every individual to show their abilities. Those athletically good can show their mettle in the Team Triathlon and those who think they are academically adept can show their wits in the Privilege game. And not to mention, both require teamwork and they can all work together as a class."

The special exam this year for the third year was divided into two parts that were to be conducted in two different time frames. The two exams incorporated both physical and academic abilities and every individual had a chance to show their abilities. During the exams in the previous years, although if students managed to get to Class A, there would also be students who felt kind of left out if they felt like they hadn't contributed to the exam. But with the exam that had been introduced today, although it wasn't possible to eliminate, it definitely reduced the possibilities of that happening.

"If I may, Chairman Sakayanagi?"

Raising his hands, the homeroom teacher for Class A, Mashima-sensei spoke.

"Yes."

"I have no problems with the exam being divided into two parts. But I think the gap between the two exams is small and it might put an extra burden on the students."

According to what had been explained just now, the Team Triathlon was scheduled for March 20. And on March 22, the next exam was scheduled to take place. There was no considerable gap between the two exams.

"So, I think we should schedule the triathlon on Friday, March 15. And the privilege exam on the pre-determined schedule. That would give the students a chance to take a small break on Sunday and give their best on the next one."

The triathlon without a doubt put a lot of pressure on the students so giving them a small time to take a breather wouldn't hurt much.

"That's a fair point. What do you all think?"

Chairman Sakayangi posed that question to the other three teachers. There were no objections from any of them.

"So, it is decided we would go along with Mashima-senseis' proposal."

Chairman Sakayanagi was different from Acting Chairman Tsukshiro. Unlike Tsukishiro, he listened to the teachers and also took their suggestions into consideration, and make changes accordingly. That was why he was well-liked and respected by his staff.