'you trusted me to heal your shoulder...'

A few years had passed and Vilkas and Maris had become inseparable. Now at the age of 15, Vilkas spent more time with Maris then not. Maris sat back looking up at the sky, having abandoned the flower chain she was making. Vilkas had rested his head on her lap and kept his nose firmly planted in the book in his hands. Maris tipped her head to the side to read the gold lettering up the side.
"A dream of sovngarde?" She asked.
"Yea..." Vilkas muttered, not looking away from the pages. Maris watched him as his wolfish grey eyes flicked across them. Maris ran a hand through his hair and bit at her lip as she thought what to say. Something had began to change about him... For two years he had been acting different ever since he had 'become part of the circle' what ever that had meant. Though not towards her, just in the way he generally acted. Though in recent weeks... he had been reading quite allot more then usual and spending much more time with the Harbinger.
"you seem to have gotten quite interested in Sovrngaurd lately..." Maris muttered. This earned a glance from Vilkas. He looked at his book, as if not even realizing what he was reading. 
"Oh, this is about Sovrngaurd isn't it." He shrugged. Maris sighed.
"It isn't just that book, all you ever read is books about Sovrngaurd." Maris noted.
"Really?" He asked. "I hadn't noticed."
"The other night... when we camped in the woods... You fell asleep and... you were talking about it in your sleep." Maris muttered. Vilkas sat up and raised an eyebrow towards Maris.
"You never told me that..." He mumbled.
"I didn't really think much about it then..." Maris shrugged. "But i'm starting to worry about you." 
Vilkas gave Her a week smirk and ruffled her hair. "You know you don't have to worry about me scraps." He cooed. Maris took his hand of her head and laced her fingers with his.
"You can talk to me..." She muttered. Vilkas looked down at their hands and a blush spread across his face.
"I know that..." He gulped.
"So.. please tell me..." Maris asked softly. Vilkas looked into her deep blue eyes that glistened in the evening light. There was always such a deepness, maybe even sadness to them... He just couldn't sat no to those eyes. Not to her.
"You probably wouldn't believe me if i told you..." Vilkas muttered, scratching the back of his head nervously. 
"Try me." Maris smiled.
"You might hate me... or even be scared of me..." Hemumbled.
Maris lent forward in intrigue, still holding into his hand. She nodded for him to continue.
"Well... Becoming part of the circle means... pledging your soul to Hircean... and when you do that... you become a... wolf..." Vilkas muttered.
" Like a werewolf?" Maris asked. The look in Vilkas' eyes clearly showed that she was correct. Maris smiled wistfully and wrapped her arms aroundhis shoulders letting out a short giggle.
"How could you ever think i would hate you, and over something like that?" She exclaimed. Vilkas blinked in disbelief for a moment
" You believe me?" Vilkas asked.
"Of course I do, your my best friend." She grinned.
"Wow... well I'm not suppose to tell people so please keep it a secret." Vilkas pleaded.
" I'm insulted that you even feel the need to ask. My lips are sealed." Maris smiled. Vilkas smiled in return.
"will you show me?" Maris asked.
Vilkas furrowed his brow. "That's the thing... I don'treally like my wolf..." Vilkas muttered.  "Kodlak has been telling me things... and I want to refrain from becoming the wolf."
"I understand." She beamed. "I'm just glad that you trusted me with something like that."
"I'll always trust you Maris, no matter what..."

It had always seemed odd to him that she always accepted everything with such an open mind but knowing now that Maris was the very personification of darkness, it hardly surprised him. It seemed like most of his childhood had been spent with his head on Maris' lap.