Chapter 46

By the time Maddy finished her training, her arms were aching

By the time Maddy finished her training, her arms were aching. They had done weights, and it felt as though Maddy's biceps were on fire. Whatever weight Maddy was able to carry in her two hands, Nadine had easily been able to lift it in one hand. She hadn't even broken a sweat! At this point, Maddy was sure that Nadine could even pick up a car and throw it—you know, like how they do it in the movies.

Maddy went back to her room and took a long shower until she no longer felt uncomfortable and sweaty. After that, she was putting her hair into a haphazard bun on the top of her head when someone grabbed her from the behind. Maddy reflexively shrieked and ripped herself out of the other person's hold. She spun around, her heart thumping loudly. When she saw an amused Jeremy, she relaxed, but her heart continued to beat quickly. Maddy put her hand on her chest as she willed herself to calm down.

"Are you alright?" Jeremy asked with concern. "Why did you shriek all of a sudden?"

"It's nothing. Just don't grab me like that from the behind. That always happens in horror movies and usually ends with the person getting killed."

Jeremy smiled and nodded. "Okay."

"So, what happened?"

"Well, we are planning on laying a trap for Bruce so that he doesn't cause harm and at the same time we don't have to hurt him."

Maddy raised her eyebrow. "Go on."

"It's better to show you," Jeremy said with a smile.

Maddy followed Jeremy outside. Jeremy led her to the open courtyard. Quite a few people were gathered around over there. Maddy looked around, trying to figure out what trap had been laid but she couldn't find any. Jeremy went and stood in the center of the courtyard and gestured towards Maddy to follow his movements. Perplexed, Maddy followed him. When she reached near Jeremy, she asked him, "What now? Where is the trap?"

Jeremy didn't say anything, he just walked a foot away then stopped for a second. He then continued walking. Maddy walked towards where Jeremy was standing, but all of sudden, she ran smack into someone. Maddy got up and looked around, but there was no one around. Maddy shrugged it off and took a step forward when she hit a barrier of some sort. She put her hand forward and saw that the thing that she had bumped into was not, in fact, a person but a wall. It was smooth and cool to touch and completely invisible.

"There is a wall here," Maddy said with amazement as she followed along the wall. Maddy moved in a circle until she reached the point where she had first bumped into it. The wall enclosed the whole place and made it impossible to leave. The perfect trap for the boss. All of a sudden, a thought occurred to Maddy. How would she leave?

"How do I leave?" Maddy asked Jeremy who was standing outside. Jeremy walked right through the wall as though there was nothing in between.

"How does this thing work?" Maddy asked with awe.

"It is a faerie spell. Anyone can enter inside but you can exit only if you know the password. Otherwise, you are trapped inside."

"It's perfect," Maddy said. "What is the password?" She saw the look on Jeremy's face. "Oh gods. Please tell me that the password isn't password."

"The password isn't password," Jeremy assured her. "It is werewolf."

Maddy facepalmed. "That has got to be the third easiest and obvious password. Right behind password and 123."

Jeremy laughed. "You can blame Justin. He was the one to set it up and had to give a password. I guess it is the first thing that came to his mind."

Maddy walked towards the wall until she bumped into it. She then whispered the word werewolf and stepped forward. It felt like Maddy had just waded through a wall of some sort of jelly. It wasn't hard and stopping her, but it did make her move sluggishly. The feeling was gone in the next second.

"You need to just think of that word," Jeremy said as he too stepped through the barrier. "That way the others won't know what the word is."

"Where are the others?" Maddy asked as she looked around. There were many people testing the barrier, but she couldn't see Xander, Leia, or Alexa anywhere.

"They are making arrangements to invite Bruce over. Diana suggested that we could call Bruce over saying that we had some important information and then we could try to talk him out of killing everyone. That was when the matefinder gave us the faerie spell to make this prison. Right now, everyone is just busy trying to make things go according to the plan."

"After calling Bruce over what happens?"

"So, here's the plan. Bruce comes over here and then Justin suggests that they take a walk. They casually enter the prison. Once Bruce is inside, we too go inside and talk to him. He won't be able to escape which will force him to escape."

"Then what?"

"What do you mean?"

"What happens after that? Surely, you guys aren't thinking of just keeping him inside forever."

Jeremy weaved his hand through his hair as he laughed sheepishly. "We haven't thought of that actually."

Jeremy and Maddy then went to the Alpha's house. That was where all the preparations were being done. If all went well, then in a few more hours, the boss would be trapped inside an invisible prison.