Chapter 16

As soon as the they left the building, Maddy turned to Xander, expectantly

As soon as the they left the building, Maddy turned to Xander, expectantly. When Xander still didn't start speaking, she nudged him. "Well? Are you going to start speaking?"

"I couldn't shift because of the mate bond. Since it was full moon and everything, my wolf wanted to reach out to her but I had to restrain myself and I unknowingly stopped myself from shifting."

Maddy wrinkled her nose in confusion. "That doesn't make sense. You met Sophia long ago. Why would your wolf start acting up all of a sudden?"

Xander was about to reply when Leia suddenly rushed up to the two of them. "Both of you pack up. We have one hour before we are leaving."

Maddy stopped in her tracks. "What?" she asked stupidly.

"Pack up. We are leaving for New York."

"Hold up, hold up," Maddy said as she tried to process the information. "What?"

Leia sighed impatiently. "Your mom wanted to meet you in a week, remember? I, for one, completely forgot about it completely until today and we barely have two days left. Dad managed to get us five tickets. So, hurry up."

"Okay, but why are the others going with us?"

Xander, who had been quiet for the entire time, gasped loudly and placed his hand on his chest. "Do you not want us to accompany you? I am deeply saddened."

Maddy's lips twitched as her face threatened to break into a grin.

Leia huffed. "You both can flirt later. We have work to do."

"We are not flirting," Maddy protested with a red face.

"Keep telling yourself that," Leia muttered as she dragged the two of them.

Maddy went to her room and picked up the bag that she had taken to India. On unzipping it, she found that some of her belongings were still in her bag.

"Perks of being a procrastinator," Maddy muttered as she started going through her belongings and deciding what to carry. In the last minute, Maddy stuffed the 'Werewolves Ways With William' book into her bag. If she could manage to keep her eyes open while she was reading, Maddy was sure that she could finish the book during the airplane ride to New York. Maddy also took two extra empty bags with her. Since she was going back to her house, she would be able to grab some of her belongings and bring them to California.

That was when Maddy realized that she would have to tell her mom about werewolves and how she wanted to join the Amalthea Pack, and boy, Maddy was not ready for that kind of conversation yet. Maddy started sweating and she rubbed her palms on her clothes. She would rather tell her mom that she had a secret boyfriend stashed somewhere. At least that way Maddy knew how her mom would react.

Maddy had no clue how her mom would react to the news about werewolves. She would either shrug and agree to shift to California permanently or she would freak out and kick all the werewolves out of her house. No questions asked. There was also the possibility that her mom would tie her up in her house to make sure that she didn't run of with the werewolves.

There was a knock on the door when it was time for Maddy to leave. She opened it to find Leia standing on the other side of the door. Maddy grabbed her backpack and set off after Leia.

This time, only Justin went to the airport to drop them off. Tristan had a flight to New York the night before. He had waited until Leia was officially part of the Amalthea Pack and after that, he went back to his pack.

As Maddy sat in the airport terminal, she looked around the airport. In the past month, Maddy had visited more airports than she ever had before she met the werewolves. She could recognize an airport in her sleep just by its smell.

Just like her two previous trips, Alexa and Leia once again started playing matchmaker the moment they boarded the plane. Maddy wasn't even surprised when Xander turned to her and said the three special words: I am bored.

She just sighed and handed her phone over to Xander. "Keep yourself busy and don't disturb me."

"If I wanted to spend my time staring at a screen, I could have just used my phone."

Maddy glared at Xander. "I can see why the others don't want to sit beside you."

Xander pouted. "That was uncalled for," he said as he switched on Maddy's phone. That pout changed to a cocky grin when Xander unlocked her phone. She didn't have a password so he only needed to swipe to unlock.

"You haven't changed the wallpaper," Xander said with a smirk as he showed Maddy her home screen.

Maddy's cheeks turned red with embarrassment. When Maddy originally got the phone, Xander had changed the wallpaper of home screen to his face because he was cocky like that. Maddy hadn't changed it because it wasn't the worst thing to see when she unlocked her phone. However, she didn't want Xander to know about that. He had a big enough ego as it was.

"I didn't have time," Maddy huffed as she tried to grab her phone back, immediately regretting handing her phone over to Xander.

"Keep telling yourself that. I, for one, know that you are in love with me."

"I am not."

"I have changed my mind," Xander announced. "I am very interested into snooping through your phone."

Maddy managed to grab hold of her phone. She had no doubt that Xander would have held it high up in the air if they were standing, but since they were seated, there was less place to move around. Maddy tried pulling her phone towards herself but Xander wasn't letting go of it that easily. Soon, it turned into a full-fledged war.

"Will you both behave properly?" the lady sitting beside Maddy hissed. She had been glaring at the two of them for a long time.

"Sorry," Maddy muttered as she finally got her phone out of Xander's grip. She slid her phone into her pocket. Xander was about to speak up when Maddy pointedly glared at him. Maddy knew that she was behaving like a nuisance. They were in a plane for goodness' sake! That was no place for the game of tug of war. The rest of the time in the plane went by peacefully with Maddy reading the werewolf rulebook and Xander watching something in his phone.