Chapter 24

"Will do for what? I don't want to sacrificed to the moon goddess or anything," Maddy said as she looked at Xander for an explanation

"This is Nadine," Xander said as he stepped forward. "She is a fitness trainer."

"I can see that."

"Most werewolves don't need to train much. They are naturally strong and fast and their wolves are powerful enough to take on any enemy. But Nadine here trains so hard that her human form is more dangerous than her wolf form. Since you can't shift, I thought that it would be better for you to have regular training from her," Xander explained.

"Cool," Maddy said with a nod. "So, when do we start?"

"Now," Nadine said as she gestured to the mat at the center of the room.

Maddy slowly walked over to the mat. The last two time she stood on the exact same mat, she was thoroughly beaten up by Xander, Alexa, Jeremy, and Leia at the same time. She wasn't able to walk without limping for a month at least. Okay, that was an exaggeration. She wasn't able to walk straight for a day or two but you get the idea. Maddy was sure that after the session with Nadine, Maddy's situation wouldn't be very different.

Xander and Leia left them together after whispering something to Nadine, to which she nodded.

"Xander told me that you are going to be going to scout the safehouse day after tomorrow."

"Yeah. We will be leaving early in the morning."

Nadine seemed to think for a second before cracking her knuckles. "I'll be teaching you four different combinations. You can use them on any werewolf and it should knock them out for quite some time."

Maddy started bouncing on her feet to warm herself up before the training. She was glad that Nadine was teaching her how to knock people out instead of killing them.

Nadine first showed Maddy videos showing the combinations put to use before actually teaching her the combinations. The first combination was a simple one. Nadine slowly showed Maddy how to do it using a video of herself trying it on some man. In the video, she first faked a punch to get closer to the man. It was a slow punch so the man would definitely block it. Using the distraction, Nadine kneaded the man in the stomach. When the man doubled over with pain, Nadine punched him on the face. Hard. The man crumpled on the ground and did not wake up for another five minutes.

All the combinations were badass, and the fact that she would be learning them made Maddy feel like Black Widow. Maddy's favorite combination was the fourth one. Once again, Nadine showed Maddy a video of how the combination was done first. It started off with the same man from the other videos punching Nadine and her falling down on the ground. The man walked up to Nadine to punch her once gain but while he was punching, Nadine grabbed hold of his hand and pushed him to her right side. Nadine too rolled to the right side and got up before the other man could get up and punched him twice on either side of his face.

"Is that man part of the Amalthea Pack?" Maddy asked curiously. He looked slightly familiar. If Maddy had to guess he was probably among the top twenty dominant people in the pack.

"Yeah, that's my brother," Nadine said grinning.

"Taking all those punches must have been painful."

"I've put him through worse. Besides, werewolves heal much faster so it didn't hurt him much."

Nadine spent the next hour teaching Maddy the different combinations along with the different places to hit someone for maximum damage. At the end, Maddy was able to somewhat pull of all the combinations. She knew the steps properly and could even pull them off on Nadine but she was slow. She didn't have the werewolf strength which is why her reflexes were as slow as a tortoise.

"It's fine," Nadine reassured her. "By day after tomorrow, you'll be able to pull of these four combinations in your sleep."

Maddy nodded but didn't say anything. She was too tired to say anything. Her limbs were aching and her legs nearly gave up on her at one point of time. It was lucky that Nadine was able to catch Maddy before Maddy could collapse and break her ankle. A broken ankle was the last thing that Maddy wanted especially since there were hardly two days for the scouting of the safehouse. Maddy didn't fancy spending the next week wrapped up in a bubble wrap (courtesy of Xander) because of her ankle. After that Nadine decided to let Maddy go.

"Come back this evening at five," Nadine called out while Maddy limped out of the gym.

Maddy rushed to her house, or at least walked as fast as she could and then collapsed on her bed. "I am not moving until five," Maddy muttered as closed her eyes and fell asleep.

Unfortunately, she and her bed weren't meant to be because within two minutes her door burst open and Xander came in.

"So, how was your class with Nadine?" Xander asked he flopped onto Maddy's bed, nearly making Maddy fall.

"Get off my bed," Maddy grumbled.

A slow grin crept up on Xander's face which made Maddy's eyes widen because damn, he looked a hundred times better with that grin on his face. "That's what she said."

Maddy threw a pillow near her at Xander's face. Xander was too busy grinning at his joke to stop the pillow even with his werewolf speed. The pillow hit him smack on the face and left him surprised.

"What's up with you and throwing pillows all of a sudden?"

"Didn't you know? They are my secret weapon. I am trained in the martial art of throwing pillows."

Xander snorted and shook his head. "I didn't know that people could be extremely smart and extremely dumb at the same time until you came along."

"That is another specialty of mine," Maddy said with a grin.