Chapter Fifty

The mirror cant look me in my eyes no way, I float like a ribbon in the sky no plane Ay yo, smooth or rugged Imma usain run it, Cah I duz it in my own lane, And Imma flash for the picture, She'll come back no hasta la vista, Computer love, I mac with my finger, Baby Im a man not your Mr I Missed Ya My lifestyles terribly wild But you'll never catch me on a Jeremy Kyle Show Explosive, terrorist style Don't think Imma blow I'll get you therapy now woah...

                                                                       --Wretch 32, Traktor.

Jacob’s Point Of View:

 The moment I closed the door, I hurried to the window and watched Adrienne. She stared at the door for a while before nodding to herself and turning away. I watched as she got into her truck, wiping something off of her face and driving away. I sighed to myself and looked down at my father who was munching on a-very tasty looking-sandwich. Billy grinned and frowned at me, almost like a Mona Lisa smile. Seth threw himself onto the sofa and continued to watch the television. I plopped myself down next to him. My lips were still warm from when she’d kissed me. It had caught me completely off guard but that didn’t mean that I didn’t want to do it-I wanted to do more. I wanted to hold her close and kiss her forever, hear her tell me that she loves me over and over again.

‘Hey, Jake…’ Seth called me, smirking a little. ‘How’s your head?’

I growled at him. Seth jumped up and muttered something about going to Paul’s to see if they were ready to head back to Adrienne’s house before leaving the house. Billy wheeled over to me after polishing off the rest of the sandwich. ‘Don’t worry Jacob, this is going to work’ Billy insisted, I sighed and nodded and pretended that I was too busy watching TV to talk.

‘But what if this doesn’t work?’ I blurted out, my worries getting to me. ‘What if she chooses not to mourn and her temper just gets worse?’ Billy didn’t say anything because he knew that I wasn’t finished yet. ‘What if she starts to get herself into trouble-all because I pretended like I didn’t care, when I do!’

‘Jacob, just calm down’ Billy said, tugging on my arm for me to sit down, I did. ‘Adrienne needs time to herself so that she can mourn her mother’s death and if this doesn’t work-which it will-then I’ll allow you to falter.’

‘What about Madeline?’ I growled, standing up again. ‘She’s the one who told me to stay away in the first place!’

‘I agree with her, from what you’ve told me her reasons are valid’ Billy explained. ‘Adrienne needs to be around her close family and friends to get to grips with her loss and if she needs someone else then you’d be the first to know-trust me’

I sat down again. No matter how much I tried to protest, Billy was right. Madeline had every right to tell me to stay away at a time like this. If I didn’t react the way I did then we wouldn’t be in this situation, I groaned and placed my head in my hands. My head was still aching from the B-B gun. I left Billy watching the game to go and shower off all the grease from the garage. I was fixing up a jeep that I’d bought off of a guy who was leaving town, I planned on keeping it for myself and using it to drive around Adrienne-show the whole of Forks that I have the most beautiful girl on my arm.

When I got out the shower, I slid on a pair of boxers, climbed into my bed before drifting off to sleep.

…..

The sun shone brightly in my eyes; blinding me the instant I opened them. I groaned and rolled on my stomach willing my self to sleep again. Billy knocked on the door and came wheeling in, a sleepy-glum look on his face. ‘Sam’s waiting for you out in the front…put some pants on, for goodness sake’ I smirked and jumped out of the bed when he left the room. I put on a pair of jeans a shirt and wore my normal steel-toes on my feet.