Chapter Twenty Nine

Let's Waste Time Chasing Cars...Around Our Heads

                                                   --Snow Patrol, Chasing Cars.

Chapter Thirty One

Adrienne’s Point Of View:

‘I’m Fine’ I insisted to Jacob for like the hundredth time, he said I passed out after healing him with water despite me telling him I was going to pass out anyway due to the amount of times I used my powers, Fire takes up quite a lot of energy, especially when you’re using it in large amounts.

‘Are you sure?’ Jacob asked, for the two hundredth time. ‘Because I can take you to Carlisle if you want, he’s the best doctor’ I smiled and shook my head, I told him for the one hundredth and one time that I was fine and all the needed was some sleep.

‘You’ve got to explain to the pack and your Dad how you managed to recover to quickly…’ I yawned, after coming out the shower and changing into my pajamas. Jacob was sitting on the edge of my bed; I climbed in and allowed him to cover me up. ‘I’m not a baby, you know, I can do this all myself…’

Jacob chuckled. ‘Yeah, well, you’re my baby.’ I buried my face under the covers, so he wouldn’t see me blush, my cheeks were burning so much that I was surprised the covers didn’t turn into flames.

‘Don’t do that…Now go’ I smiled, poking his arm. ‘Don’t forget to tell them’ Jacob didn’t move. ‘Jacob…

‘I wanna watch you fall asleep’ Jacob said, pushing him further onto the bed and leaning against the wall. ‘Edward says it’s really cool to watch Bella sleeping so I thought I could watch you sleep too’

I sighed. ‘Fine, just no random love quotes-Okay?’ Jacob gave me a confused look and just nodded. I snuggled into my pillow, and pulled the covers up to my neck and closed my eyes before falling into a deep sleep…God was I tired.

Jacob’s Point Of View:

I watched her as she fell asleep, I don’t know if she does it on purpose but she smiles in her sleep, I wonder what she’s dreaming about. I kissed her lightly on her forehead expecting her to wake up and start yelling at me for disturbing her, instead she snuggled further into the covers so only her hair could only be seen and I could’ve sworn I saw her smile get bigger.

I slowly slid off the bed and quickly-but quietly-headed towards the front door, when a familiar annoying voice stopped me dead in my tracks.

‘You’ve won…she wants you’ Callum slurred, stumbling over to me. He was on the other side of the room but I could still smell the alcohol from here.

‘Go drink some water and sober up’ I sneered, turning my back on him and making my way towards the door.

‘It doesn’t change the past, though.’ Callum called after me. ‘I was the first to kiss those lips of hers-and nothing-not even you can change that’ I ignored what he said, he’s drunk-a drunken idiot.

I got into my truck and drove back home; I had a lot of explaining to do.

**NEXT DAY**

Adrienne’s Point Of View:

I woke up early that morning, feeling extremely refreshed. I stepped over a sleeping Lauren and Sorcha and headed downstairs, the sun was shining brightly through the windows. I lazily scratched my head, looking down on the ground. I gasped and ran to the nearest sofa…staring at my feet the whole time. I now had all my tattoos!-I’m a full avatar. I traced my finger over the small flower design, it was so pretty.