Charlena

A/n: warning this chapter might make you cry T-T

*Listen to "Hold On" by Chord Overstreet while reading this story, if possible. It hits deep.

There were a girl and a boy who were very close friends, Silena and Charles. They had have been neighbors since their childhood. They played with each other, talked to each other, and took care of each other. Both of them eventually found out that they saw see each other more than friends, but neither the girl nor the boy shared it. The girl had thought thinks that they might end up losing their friendship if she confessed her feelings being worse, and the boy thought thinks that she was is too good for him.

Both the girl and the boy kept this secret to themselves for years, even until and now they were both of them are already high schoolers..

One day on Valentine's day, the boy gave the girl a gift. The girl was overjoyed, but she didn't show it. When the girl went back home, she placed the gift, unopened, in her collection drawer. She didn't want to unwrap it. She sees as she saw / viewed the gift as the first valentine gift the boy gave her.

After they graduated from their high school, the boy and the girl separated. The boy became a famous and successful person, and they hardly contacted each other. 

The girl was sad.  

She still couldn't can't help but think about the boy, even though she knew she would not be contacting the boy again. The girl promised to herself that she would not cry anymore after that, and she often kept her feelings to herself. "Charles, you should focus on yourself more. I should pay more attention to myself than to you as well.." thought the girl. 

One day, all of a sudden, the girl heard a piece of shocking news. The boy had passed away in a car accident. She was very shocked to her core she couldn't believe what she heard, but she and it was too late for her to see the boy one last time.

 After the funeral, the girl went back to her old house to clean up everything that has carried memories with the boy. She was surprised to find the gift that he gave her, and she unwrapped it. It was a stuffed toy of the girl's favorite cartoon character back in her schooling days. She also found a letter inside the gift.  

Dear Silena, I'm always happy being at your side. , It is it is very comfortable being with you. I'm so lucky that I got to know you. I just want to take this "Valentine's day" as an excuse and opportunity to let you know that I started to see you more than a friend. I tried hard not to, but I failed. I was afraid that it will affect our nice friendship. Please tell me that you feel the same too. I want to ask you if you want to be my valentine. If you don't, I'll respect your decision, but I promise you I'll be a successful person, and I will be waiting for you. Let me ask you once again, will you be my valentine? 

Sincerely, Charles

The girl was stunned. She didn't doesn't remember how many much times she repeated the word "I will" in a very shaky voice.

 The girl broke her promise she made to herself. She cried. She blamed herself for everything. She couldn't come out of her sadness and regret. 'Why didn't I notice it? Why didn't I tell him everything when I could? Why didn't he be more careful? Why didn't he take care of himself? Why?' 

Then the girl remembered what the boy once told her when her grandfather passed away. 

"When your loved ones leave you one day, it's your choice to move on or continue being depressed and drowning in your sadness."  The boy's voice echoed in her mind.

The next day, the girl went to the boy's grave. She didn't cry, she didn't say anything. Her face was blank. She placed a Purple Hyacinth on his grave, and left.

Nobody noticed the tears in her eyes as she walked away.

 *Flower language for purple hyacinth: regret and apologize.

a/n how did you guys fare? did y'all cry? anyways, credits to Blue_berry_any for this plot :D thanks so much fru Ren! Hope you guys liked this chapter! Please leave a vote, comment and drop a follow to notify me that you guys read thus far! :D

                                                                                                                                                       ~~Dam_Percabeth88