Cold

a/n hi guys I'm back bishes

Annabeth's practice song at the top
(8 letters by Why Don't We)

Annabeth's POV

I practiced my twirls and spins on the ice as I listened to the song I chose. I was preparing for the national figure skating competition and was waiting for my skating partner.

"Annabeth! Annabeth!" Someone called me and I pulled my earphones out. I skated towards Thalia, my best friend and girlfriend of my figure skating partner, which is also my ex, Luke.

"Yes Thals?" I asked, looking at her slightly panicky face. My worries grew as she looked at the ground. "Thals tell me what is it?"

"It's Luke, he can't compete for the nationals." Thalia's eyes became glossy as the words left her mouth.

"B-b-but that will mean-" I stuttered.

"Yes, you can't compete in the nationals too, unless you found a new partner," Thalia looked at me sadly.

Everything was going great until today. Me and Luke even practiced hard to get into the nationals. Going to the nationals was my dream. And apparently the gods above says no.

What am I supposed to do?

Percy's POV

"Hey man, Rachel said she doesn't want to enter the nationals." Grover voiced, concern lacing his tone. This wasn't the first time Rachel cancelled on me. Oh boy, this is going to be hard.

"So I can't enter the nationals?" I asked, confirming my worst fears.

"No buddy. But unless you find a partner." Grover looked at me.

"Then I'm going to find one."

"B-b-b-but how?" Grover stuttered, obviously worried. Suddenly, his forehead creased, thinking hard.

"Wait! I've got it!" Grover shrieked and his face lit up so suddenly that I almost tripped. He ran around the skating rink, going gods knows where. 

I then decided to look around for a partner to kill some time. I skated and looked around, but no one looked experienced or professional enough to enter the nationals. I was about to give up hope when-

"Perrrrrr-cy!" Grover bleated from one of the resting area. I skated across the rink and stood against one of the plastic walls surrounding the ice. Grover stood there with my cousin Thalia and what seemed like another skater. 

She had honey-blonde hair, grey eyes, and a good physique so I thought, 'why not?'.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Perseus Jackson, but people just call me Percy." I greeted the blonde girl and outstretched my hand for a shake.

She shook my hand and introduced herself. 

"Nice to meet ya Percy, I'm Annabeth Chase. You can just call me Annabeth." 

"Percy, Annabeth is willing to be your partner in the nationals."

My jaw dropped. Wait what?

"Oh, really?" I said, wide-eyed gaping at Grover.

"Yeah, my partner called quits on me too." She voiced, a tad bit sadly.

"That's great! Also, what routine did you pick?" I asked Annabeth, thinking of a way to match the routines so that we both can perform at our best.

"Well....................................."

***********************Time skip to day of nationals (seven months later)***********************

Annabeth's POV

I was freaking nervous. Today was the day of our competition. 

I had on a navy blue v neck short dress with a plunging neckline to match with Percy. Piper, my makeup assistant and friend, was applying makeup and giving me pep talks throughout the whole hour.

"...You'll be fine, Annabeth! People will love you!" Piper chided, curling my hair into soft curls.

"Thanks, Piper." I said with a warm smile. She then turned my chair facing the mirror.

"Wow..." I said, unable to recognize the girl in the mirror staring at me.

I had smoky eyes with a nicely done plaid updo. Piper really worked her magic.

"Thank you Pipes." I stood and turned around to face Piper and hugged her. "You're the best!"

"No problem Annabeth. Now go show the world that you can win!"

Percy was waiting outside. His jaw dropped when he saw me.

"Hey Percy!" I greeted, looking him up and down. He was dressed nicely, but it was obvious he didn't care about his hair as he let it lay messily on the top of his head. It suits him though.

"Dam, Annabeth." He gaped and eyed my dress. I suddenly feel tingly all over and self-consciousness washed over me. "You look pretty." Was all he could say.