7. Valentine's Day

Annabeth's POV

      I sighed as I opened the back door of my flower shop. It was a usual day at my floral shop, except that today is Valentine's day. Hopefully I can earn more today or I'll get a beating from my step-mom, Helen, who runs this floral services company. It is still early, like 6 am early. I decided to open up early because I probably can sleep a bit without my two younger brother's squabbles and raucous noises that can drive somebody insane. I was bored, and since there can't be customers buying flowers at 6 in the morning, I decided to walk around. Just directly opposite my little shop, there is a tattoo shop, some restaurant and a small grocer. My stomach rumbled, and i decided to eat something before heading back to my shop.

***************Time skip to 8 am***************

After getting some instant noodles at the grocer (A/n: yum) I headed back to my store. My first customer was an old friend of mine (A/N: hi Grover) who bought some violets to please his girlfriend (A/n: Yes Juniper they're for you lmao), a guy that look like a blonde superman and a very pretty girl with choppy hair (A/n: Jiper), an Asian guy that almost resemble a panda (A/n: Frank is amazhang i swear) and a guy from the tattoo shop just opposite.

                       He looked around my age, slightly taller than me, he had black messy hair, sea green eyes and a heavily tattooed body. Oh gods, he looked hot and I didn't realize i was staring till he said: "Um, miss, are you alright?" "What? Oh um yeah sorry." I took a deep breath and asked him what he would like. " Well, do you have anything blue here?" "Uhh yeah, blue roses." "Okay I'll take a dozen of them. Actually, scratch that. Make it two dozen." "okay..." The order was quite peculiar, but I didn't dare question him in case i would make it sound unwelcome. But, the thing is, he ordered BLUE ROSES! I was curious until the breaking point that I just asked him anyways.

                         "Um hey," "yeah?" "Why do you want blue roses?" I guess it sounded a little nosy but the curiosity was too strong. He just chuckled and said: "Well, see, my stepdad-" His eyes suddenly turned a stormy dark green colour that I almost felt myself drowning in them. Ooops a little off topic but he looked angry fyi. "My step dad used to abuse me and my mother." I clamped my hands to my mouth. I wanted to say something but I decided it could wait for later. "He also said that there's no such thing as blue food, so my mother always makes blue food in hope that I won't give up hope on them." His eyes turned a considerable amount lighter, when he mentioned his mother. I listened on. "My mother makes excellent blue cookies, by the way." (A/n: true and i want some) "Since today is valentine's day, I decided to give her some blue roses." Okay that explains it all. He's really a sweet momma's boy. "Then how about your tattoos?" I asked, pushing my luck further. "Well, I told you that my stepfather abused me, so I had bad scars that can't heal, physically and mentally. I decided to cover up my physical scars with inking my skin." "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that, hope that your mental health gets better." I said, giving him a hug.
                             Oops I probably wasn't supposed to do that, but he just smiled and hugged me back. "Hey, you seem like a nice person to hang out with. You wanna hang with me later?" Oh. My. Gods. Is this guy asking me on a date on valentine's day? Well then. "Oh yeah, sure." "Meet me at the italian restaurant at the corner at 7." "See you then!" He walked off. I secretly jumped with joy at the prospect of having a date on Valentine's day. On my way back home, all i could think about was meeting my date and what I should wear later. Maybe today wasn't so bad after all.

A/N: Okay hi guys i haven't updated for a week and my motivation is Blue_berry_any !Thanks fru Ren! This is a longer chapter, and a slightly less cheesy one! Hope you like it! Don't forget to vote, share, comment and follow! See you in the next chapter!

Dam_Percabeth88~~~