08

Aideen P.O.V

...After the operation...

I slowly opened my eyes. It was heard at first , it felt like they were glued together. I tried to straighten my posture but I stopped to observe my surroundings. I have never been in a room like this before. Enormous machines , cables , tubes all connected to me. This is what I imagine the inside of a transformer car to look like. I feel something like a remote in my hand. It had 2 buttons so I pressed one of them hoping a nurse would come , but the wrong one. Stupid me. This just made the bed go up in a seating position. I then proceeded to press the other one and hopefully it was the one. I heard nothing. My bed didn't move. So the chances are that the button called the nurse or is broken. I didn't bother to figure it out so I just sat there trying my best to relax my aching body.

Soon enough the door opened and a bunch of running people came in. a couple of nurses, dr. Tuan , Jinyoung and my dad came in running.

"Aideen!!" all three of them shouted at the same time. I wanted to talk but the tube in my mouth prevented me from doing so I raised my eyebrows at them to ask them what happed so they reacted like that.

"you are finally up1"

Finally ?? how long was I out?? Normally it would only take a couple hours to a day to wake up.

"You were out for 7 days. If that's what you are wondering." Dr. tuan answered my question like he was reading my mind. I gave him a small nod and tried to smile with that tube in my mouth but I know I failed miserably. But he smiled sweetly back at me. I don't know if is the anesthesia or the big amount of pain killers but I missed his smile. A feeling of longing rushed through me when I saw him. Yep! Defiantly the pain killers. What I just said makes no fucking sense. Longing?? For mark?? Nope! Don't accept it.

"Now let me tell you what happened and what is going to happened from now on. The operation went well. No complications. The reason you were out for so long is because you weren't fully recovered from the first operation. I told you even before we got in that it will affect your recovery. For the next month you will be here, in this room. There will be daily checkups, heavy medication, especially pain killers. The slightest pain or inconvenient press the button and a nurse will be with you. You won't be able to talk because of the tube so don't even thing bout shedding a word or sound, that can move the tube and can result in the worst case scenario in internal bleeding. So please for now on what you want to say write it down o your tablet near you or if you feel more comfortable with a notebook and a pen say so and we will bring you one." I waved my hand no and he gave a curt nod. "we will be waiting outside. Don't keep her up for to long she iis still weak and need to rest."

"We will be out soon. Thank you, dr. Tuan." My dad said.

Then mark left with the nurses following close behind him. My attention went to my family. They didn't look like they've rested. I could see the dark circles under their eyes, lose clothes. Have they lost weight or am I hallucinating? But they for sure looked thinner. I reached for the tablet that was on top of , some kind of a night stand. Couldn't reach it though. Jinyoung saw it and gave it to me.

I started typing... ( this kind of writing will be the words that she will write on her tablet and show to them)

Have you rested? Eaten? Both of you look like you are about to pass out any minute.

It took me some time to finish it since I'm still tired from all, but they were patient.

"Please she just woke up and she is already acting like herself. Didn't miss this of you, you know?!" jinyoug said and giggled with my dad and I gave them a weak smile.