02

Aideen P.O.V

Living your day like it is your last! That's how I would describe the life of a person that suffers from  cystic fibrosis.

CF is a disease that affects the lungs and digestive system. The body produces thick and sticky mucus that can clog the lungs and obstruct the pancreas. Cystic fibrosis (CF) can be life-threatening, and people with the condition tend to have a shorter-than-normal life span.

This is what Google says. In order to live you need to go through a lot of procedures. You live your life almost in a hospital. Almost. There are times you can go out and enjoy your life. Like going for a drive , hang out with friends and families or whatever makes you happy. But you always must have the breathing equipment because if you stay too much without them you can end up passing out. That happens because the body is not filled with not enough oxygen so it could work. In order for you not to die your body decides it's better to shut down and lower the need of energy, that we get while breathing. Also you are always in medication, that vest thingy , which vibrates and get the mucus out of your lungs. But for the mucus to get out you need to cough a lot which can be painful at times, but it's necessary.

This disease can be tricky for your mind. That's why most of the time the patients are required to visit a psychologist or meditate. Also do physical activity. That will help them take care of thier minds and their body. Just because we got  fucked up lungs doesn't mean we should fuck up the rest of us. That will just make the process of dying faster. And we don't want that. Well.... Most of us don't. Treating CF is quite pricey. Till 18 things are free but afer that ... you need to pay for everything.

CF is like fighting a losing battle. You know you will die sooner or later. But if you love to live than you will do everything to keep it.

A few things has this disease has taught me.

One... Live you life like you are dying tomorrow.

The problem with CF is that you don't know when is your time going to come. I hate reagents. So I plan things beforehand , so whatever I want to do in my life or in my day is written down. I can see them and just go on and do it. I'll live my dreams.

Two... fuck everyone opinion.

The fact that I might die the next day changed my mindset. I used to be so shy, close to myself and just hide in my room. After what the real meaning of CF sink in that was a turning point. I started doing things that would make ME happy. That would make ME enjoy my life. That would let ME  be myself. That would let me express my REAL self. I went to school and wear clothes that I actually liked. I do activities that I actually like. Making new videos and posting them. Going out with my friends or families. Travelling.

Tho travelling can be tricky. Since my problem is manly in my lungs I can't travel for too long on plans. It's not like I'm going to die if I do but it makes it hard to breath and it take me a lot of time to recover from jetlag.