Chapter 8: Grand Introductions

I sit beside the toilet as I do my best to catch my breath. Everything that was in my stomach from this morning just emptied into the toilet. I hear Brandon's footsteps as he makes his way into the bathroom with a grim look on his face. I take the wet cloth from his outstretched hand and move so I can lean my back against the shower door.

"That's like the third time you've thrown up since I got here. You sure you're not sick?" Brandon asks as he leans his hops against the sink. Mason would probably throw a fit if he knew Brandon was in here with me right now, but at this moment he can get over it.

"I'm not sick," I mumble as I close my eyes as another wave of nausea comes over me. Thankfully, there's nothing left in my stomach to come up. "I've been here for two weeks now and we are just now getting to officially introduce me to the pack as their Luna. This is one of the most important days of my life and I don't think I've ever been this nervous." I take a deep breath and glance over at Brandon. "What even happens at things like this? I've never been to one."

Brandon glances down at the floor as if trying to think of an answer before looking back at me with a shrug. "I'm not entirely sure. I've never seen one either. When I was born Alpha Randy was already mated and that's really the only big ceremony where you introduce a new pack member. I've watched when Alpha Mason got handed the title and when Jason got handed the Beta title, but I'm not sure they will be the same as yours," he explains. I nod my head and lean my head back.

"What happened at those?"

"There were a few speeches, the title was given, then we basically just partied the rest of the night." Again, I nod. "What's got you so nervous about this anyway? Everyone already knows who you are, even if you haven't officially been introduced to them yet. There's nothing for you to be worried about."

Right, I have nothing to be worried about when it comes to officially being welcomed into the pack as the Luna. Nothing to worry about when that said pack has already established it has a distrust of me because of the problems I've brought to their doorstep. I've noticed that conversations stop when I'm around pack members. I've even heard Mary say that I'm the one everyone talks about, the one causing trouble for the pack that hasn't had trouble in a while. They would never be able to openly say anything for fear of the reaction they'd get from Mason, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if many of them resented me ever finding my way into this territory.

Right, I have nothing to worry about.

Deciding that talking about this with him isn't going to do anything other than worsen my nerves, I climb to my feet, but wobble slightly from the sudden bout of dizziness that clouds my vision. Brandon is at my side in no time, steadying me and helping me out of the bathroom and to the bed.

"We should probably go downstairs," I murmur as I lean forward until my head is hanging between my knees. Brandon is squatting next to me and keeping a hand on my back for support. "Mason would lose his mind if he knew you were this close to me while I was anywhere near our bed."

"Mason knows I mean no harm to you or want anything other than to protect you," he says back matter of fact. "Besides, you really think I came into your bedroom without letting him know what was going on?" he scoffs. I turn my head to the side to glare at him but when he starts to spin I quickly turn my head back to facing the floor and close my eyes.

Once the spinning subsides, I slowly sit up and glare at him fully now. "I told you not to bother Mason with this. It's just my nerves and he has enough to do today, Brandon," I scold him. I should have known better than to expect him not to say anything after the first time I threw up this morning. I take a deep breath and mentally count down the hours until this day will be over.