Epilogue

Four Years Later

"Everleigh Hope, you better get your little butt in here and clean this room up or you won't be going anywhere with your Uncle Brandon and Aunt Mary," I holler out as I bend down to pick up yet another toy that's just been thrown on the floor. It amazes me how short my daughter's attention span is. She will be playing with one toy one minute and then just just throws it aside to play with something else. Hence her room always being a mess. "Everleigh I mean it!"

"I want to go with Uncle Brandon," she whines as she sulks into her room with a precious pout playing in her lips. Too many times have I let her get away with some minor things because of that face, but not anymore. She's four years old and it's about time she learns that she can't have everything she wants. "Mommy, why can't I just leave my toys out? I'll pick them up later. I'm probably going to play with them later anyway," she nods as if she couldn't have said anything better herself. I cross my arms and do my best to keep a smile off my face as I look down at my little beauty and shake my head.

She stares up at me with those bright amber eyes and my heart stutters. Besides her eyes and her lips, she's the spitting image of me. It's been four years and I still sometimes find it difficult to see those eyes staring back at me. My mate's eyes. It took much longer than I would care to admit to finally accept that I was never going to see Mason again. There are still days where I want to lie in bed and wallow in my pity, but I have an angel who saves me every morning.

That is when she isn't driving me insane.

"Come on, Ev. You have to pick your stuff up," I say as I walk over and crouch down in front of her. "You want to be a big girl, yeah?" She nods her head and smiles really big at me. I could be having the worst day and all she has to do is smile at me like that and everything else fades away. There are no words for how much I love this girl. She's my life and there isn't anything I wouldn't do for her. "Well, big girls pick up their toys like they are told to." Her smile instantly turns into a frown as her little eyebrows fur together. I watch her lower lip stick out in an adorable pout as she folds her arms across her chest. She has so much sass for a four-year-old that it's unreal. Probably too much for either of us to handle.

"Evie, are you coming with us?" James asks as he comes running into her room. Jame's is four as well, and just about as clumsy as they come. His parents are hoping he'll grow out of it, but I personally think it's adorable. Before I can warn him about the mess caused by the tornado that is my daughter, he comes barreling into the room and trips over one of her Brabie cars and falls straight to the ground. He lands on his hands and knees with a soft thud and a groan.

"Jamie, are you okay?" she gasps dramatically as she runs over to his side and hugs his neck. He nods his head against her shoulder and hugs her back. I smile at the sight of them. Ev looks up at me with a worried look on her face. "I'll pick up my stuff, mommy. I don't want anyone to get hurt," she whispers as she hurriedly grabs a handful of her stuff and starts walking over to her toy box. I smile at her and stand up from my kneeling position and watch as James gets up to help her clean.

"I'm going to head downstairs to talk with Uncle Brandon. Are you sure you're okay, James?" I ask as I maneuver towards the door. He smiles over his shoulder and gives me a thumbs up as he moves around the room. I shake my head. At the age of four my daughter already has him wrapped around her finger. I don't even know what to do about it either, all she has to do is ask him something and he jumps to it. He's too accommodating in my opinion. Brandon on the other hand thinks it's the cutest thing in the world, which doesn't help me get Everleigh to understand that she has to do things for herself. Brandon is convinced they're going to end up being mates, which I would be completely okay with, but my daughter needs to realize that she does not need to always be dependent on others. She will not always have people there to do things for her.