Chapter Thirty-Four: Reunion

That night, Erin texted Zoey and told her about her talk with Carol.
They were both beyond thrilled to talk to each other again.

By the end of their text conversation, it was sorted out that Erin would go to Zoey's house for a sleepover.
Carol was completely fine with it.

Right before Erin left the house, Carol hugged her and said,
"I hope you have a great time over there. I love you."
"I love you, too." Erin said, then pulled away from Carol's embrace, and exited the house.

Zoey sat on her bed, anxiously waiting for Erin to show up.
Soon, she heard the front door open, then heard Erin saying, "Hi" to Sharron.

Eager, quick footsteps ran up the stairs.
Erin opened the door and dropped her backpack onto the floor.

Zoey practically jumped off her bed and hugged Erin so quickly that they almost fell over.
They maintained their balance and stood like that for a long couple minutes, their arms wrapped tightly around each other.
"I missed you so much." Zoey said.
"I missed you, too."

After a little more time passed, they slowly pulled away from their tight hug.
Zoey rested her hands on Erin's face, while Erin kept her hands on Zoey's waist.

"I'm so happy to see you."
"I'm happy, too, really happy." Zoey said, looking down into Erin's shining blue eyes.

Erin's eyes always seemed to shine with joy.
Besides everything else, Zoey loved Erin's eyes.

Right now, both girls were too overwhelmed with excitement and joy to know what to do.
For a few more minutes, they stood together in the middle of Zoey's bedroom.

Zoey took one hand off Erin's cheek and used it to move some hair out of her face.
She then remembered something that she wanted to show her.

But before she did, she leaned down a bit and gently kissed Erin's forehead.
"I want to show you something that I've been working on." Zoey said softly, leaning back.

Erin looked up at her, smiling as her heart danced in her chest.
"What is it?" She asked.

Zoey let go of Erin and walked to her dresser, picking up her guitar.
She sat on the floor and gestured for Erin to sit in front of her.

She looked at Erin and started to strum the song she'd been working out.
After she started singing the song, Erin recognized what it was, "I Will Follow You Into The Dark" by "Death Cab For Cutie".

Zoey had never been the best singer, but to Erin, she had the best voice in the world.

Erin sat in front of her, listening to the sweet song.
She felt so calm and loved.

Zoey looked at Erin every now and then, her heart swelling happily at the look on her girlfriend's face.

A couple minutes later, Zoey played the last chord, then laid her guitar next to her.
Erin was smiling lovingly at her.
"That was great. I loved it." Erin said.
"Thanks." Zoey replied, smiling at her.

She couldn't quit smiling now that Erin was with her again.

The day soon turned into the evening, as Zoey asked Erin if she wanted to go outside.

They'd been outside a few times already, but Erin wasn't going to say, "No".
She nodded her head and took Zoey's hand, then followed her to the backyard.

Zoey kicked her shoes off, then pulled Erin onto the trampoline.
She started to jump while holding her hand.

Erin was grinning happily at her, she couldn't put into words the joy she was feeling.

The sun was starting to set.
Zoey turned to look at it for a few seconds.
Erin stopped jumping and looked towards the sunset.
It looked incredible.

Erin began to jump after a moment of looking at the sunset.
Zoey jumped with her, holding both her hands.

Zoey's heart felt light, she was out of her pit and with the person she loved more than anyone in the world.

She was looking fondly at Erin, when she saw her jump a bit high and not land on her feet.

She landed on her back and pulled Zoey down with her.

Erin looked a bit stunned.
"Oh my God, are you okay?" Zoey asked her hastily.
"Yeah, I'm fine. I've never been better." Erin answered, looking up at her girlfriend.

Zoey looked beautiful under the golden sunset. She looked like an angel.

"Why're you looking at me like that?" Zoey asked curiously.
"You just look so pretty." Erin sighed lovingly.

Zoey felt her heart flutter.
"Thank you. You look pretty, too. You always do."

Erin was immensely happy, she was filled with so much joy.

With all of her joy, she pulled Zoey closer to her and kissed her.
Zoey kissed her back gently.

By now, they'd kissed a few times, but every time felt euphoric no matter what.
Every single moment spent with Erin was euphoric to Zoey.

A moment later, they leaned back and laid next to each other, looking up at the sky.
"I love you." Erin said, a warm smile on her face.
"I love you, too." Zoey said, moving her hand to hold Erin's.

The two of them laid next to each other on the trampoline hand-in-hand, watching the sky turn from its incredible golden hue to the dark shade of nighttime.

As they laid there, Erin's mind wandered.
She would've never guessed that her new neighbor would become her best friend, then the love of her life who opened her eyes to so many new possibilities.

Nevertheless, she was happy with where they went.