Chapter Twenty-Seven: Hold You Close

Erin and Zoey slept in for a while the next day.

Zoey's eyes opened slowly.
She was holding Erin close to her.

She looked towards the window, seeing the sun pierce through the curtains. She took a deep breath in, then let it out quietly.

Erin shuffled around in her sleep for only a second, before snuggling into Zoey.

Zoey could vaguely see Erin's eyes moving underneath her eyelids, she wondered what she could be dreaming about.

She laid her head back on the pillow, the memory of last night coming back to her.

Everything about last night was great, they should go to seven-eleven at ungodly hours more often.

Erin moved around again, though now she was starting to fully wake up.
She glanced up at Zoey, a tired smile on her face.
"Good morning." She whispered.
"Good morning."

They laid in bed for a while, cuddled close together.
Zoey ran her hand through Erin's hair, and felt elated at the joyful hum she made.

Eventually, they got out of bed and got themselves dressed.

They spent the day out in the sun, walking around the neighbor and jumping on Zoey's trampoline.

Erin was supposed to be home before three o' clock.
She was about to leave Zoey's house for the day and walk home, but before she did, she turned to her and asked,
"Zoey, can I kiss you?"
"Mhm."

The first time they kissed, they were sitting down, meaning that they're height difference was barely noticeable.

But since they were standing up, Erin had to get onto her tip-toes to kiss Zoey.

She kissed her for a few seconds, feeling her heart beat quicken like it had last night.
Maybe it would do that every time she kissed Zoey.

She leaned back and let her feet go back onto the floor.
Zoey kept her hands on her waist for a lingering moment.

Zoey let her go a second later, watching her go out of the bedroom and out the front door.

She felt giddy.