Chapter Fourteen: Sweet Dreams

While Erin was in her bedroom panicking about her painting, Zoey laid down to take a nap.
She had just gotten back from a walk, which left her rather tired.

She laid her head on the pillow and drifted off to sleep.

Zoey laid in a large bed. Warm sunlight from the window lit up the room.
Sitting up in bed, she looked around, realizing that she was in someone's house.

Suddenly, she heard the sound of footsteps walking around the house.

Pushing the blankets off of herself, Zoey walked down the steps, pausing to look at a picture on the wall.
It was a picture of a wedding, her wedding.

She was married to a woman who looked a lot like Erin, which was kind of odd.

She went down the stairs to see a woman in the kitchen, her wife, pouring coffee grounds into a coffee maker.

The woman turned around and smiled at Zoey.
She just didn't look like Erin, the woman was Erin.

"Good morning, sweetheart." Erin said, smiling. Zoey smiled back.
"Good morning."

Erin poured Zoey a cup of coffee, then poured a cup for herself.

Zoey sipped her coffee, taking in the space around her.
The house was filled with bright, natural light that softly covered the living room and kitchen.

Zoey was very happy.
This hypothetical future was wonderful.

Zoey's eyes slowly opened. She let out a yawn, feeling a lot less tired than she was earlier.

She blinked her eyes, smiling at the thought of the dream she'd just had.

That dream confirmed something that she'd been tip-toeing around a few weeks: she liked Erin, really liked Erin.

That confirmation made her heart feel warm.

While she was incredibly happy about her realization, a small issue came up.
What does she do with the knowledge of her feelings? Should she tell Erin?

She doesn't even know if Erin likes girls. Would telling her about her feelings make things weird between them?

Zoey stopped thinking about the negative 'what if's' and focused on a positive one.
"What if Erin does like girls?" She asked herself.

What if Erin felt the same way? Could they go somewhere with that? Could they be a couple?

She pondered that thought for a while.