11th

It was almost nine in the morning when my alarm clock rang, as my mother had told me I would be alone. So I decided to go for a walk in the city.

I hadn't had breakfast yet so I walked into a café in the centre and stood in the queue to order, when I noticed a person with his back to me, he was really familiar but I couldn't see him well and then...
"Alex?" I said out loud.
He turned around and, fuck, it was him
"Anne? What are you doing here?" he said coming towards me.
"I'm here at my parents. And what are you doing here?" I asked.
"We're performing at a nearby pub tonight" he replied.
"Are you alone?" he asked.
"Yes" I said.
"Would you like to sit down?" he said.
"Sure" I said
"Where are the guys?" I asked.
"They went to see something about cars, but I woke up late and they didn't wait for me" he said and we both laughed

"You want a hot coffee, don't you?" he asked when the waiter came over.
"Yes thank you" I answered.
He remembered the coffee, he remembered it and not Madison!

When breakfast was over he asked me
"Do you have to go home?"
"No actually I'm alone until 1 so I'm going to go for a walk. If you don't have to do anything we can go together" I replied and he agreed.

My mother was right, the markets were really nice, of course I stopped at all the ones selling vinyls and CDs and I was finally with someone with the same passion as me.

"Imagine when you'll make an album, I can't wait to buy one of your vinyls," I told him.
"That would be a dream. But don't worry, we'll give it to you for free, we'll say you're our biggest fan," he said laughing.
"Well then, count yourselves lucky you're part of my musical taste," I laughed.

The day was beautiful, sunny and a little windy but not strong. It was almost lunch time so we sat in a small outdoor cafe and were talking about a bit of everything and then he asked me:
"Have you known Madison and Caryl for a long time?"
"For two years. They're like sisters to me and they saved me. I'm grateful to have them in my life," I replied.
"They saved you?" he asked
"Well yes, but I don't want to bore you," I replied.
"You don't bore me, I would listen to you talk for hours" he said.

At those words my stomach did a somersault, I blushed immediately

"Oh alright. You know that feeling when you lose something really important and you feel like you can't go back to being the same person you were before it happened? I used to feel like that, and then I met them and they were everything to me. I was like reborn with them," I said.
"Wow, that shit hurts. I'm sorry for whatever happened to you and I'm glad you found them," he said.
"It's okay now. What about you and the boys?" I asked curiously.
"I've known them since we were kids. They're my brothers and without them none of this would have happened" he said.
"I love your friendship," I said.

Wow I had finally made it to open up to someone other than Caryl or Madison, I was proud of myself!

"Shit it's almost one o'clock I have to pick up my mum from work" I said looking at my phone.
"Wait I'll drive you" he said.
We got to the street in front of my mom's office and said goodbye.
"Will you be there tonight?" he asked.
"Unfortunately not, I'm going back to London this afternoon" I replied.
"Oh ok, thanks for today" he said.
"Thanks to you," I smiled.

There was that awkward silence, when you don't know what's going to happen. We looked like two fools smiling at each other when I saw my mum coming out of the door.

"Oh there she is, I have to go now. See you," I said.
"Bye Anne, have a good trip" he said.

I got in the car with my mom and she asked me:
"Who was that boy in there with you?"
"Oh that's Alex, a friend of mine. He's here because they're playing in a pub tonight," I said.

Throughout the train journey I was thinking about our conversation and the fact that I was able to talk to him and most importantly how I felt being with him. Maybe I was beginning to realise and process the reality.

As soon as I got home, my head was full of thoughts. Okay Anne you can do it, don't worry everything's going to be fine...relax!
And as I walked into the house, there was Madison

"Hey Anne, I missed you! Is everything okay there?" she asked
but all I could say was...
"I like Alex!"