lost another

GOD DAMMIT!!! Y/n revved her motorcycle through the streets, weaving in and out of cars to pass them as fast as she could

GOD DAMMIT!!! Y/n revved her motorcycle through the streets, weaving in and out of cars to pass them as fast as she could. The only junkyard they could be at is the one all the way in downtown!!! By the time I get there, shit will already be going down!!!

Stepping on the gas, she felt a buzz in her pocket, her fiddling her fingers to go under her dress and to take out her device from the waistband of her shorts. She opened it, answering the call without looking at the caller ID. "Who is this!?" She shouted over the wind.

"Don't you dare come here!!!"

M...Mitsuya!?

"I want you to stay out of our gang business! I'm serious y/n, we don't want you getting hurt out here!...I don't want you getting hurt out here!!"

In the background, she could here people grunting and yelling. The fighting had already commenced. In fact, she thinks she might've heard Hanma's maniacal laugh in the midst of it all.

She clicked her tongue. Hanma's there!? "...Mitsuya! Baji is there, right?!"

"I won't answer that, just don't come!!!"

"Mitsu—"

"Do. Not. Come."

Y/n growled under her breath. "I'm on my way!"

"WHAT DID I JUST—"

"I won't fight anyone! I just need to talk to Baji!"

"That can wait!"

"No, it can not!"

"Yes, it—"

On his end, y/n could hear a large number of people gasp. The fighting and screaming had died down, as if something extreme just happened.

That's when she heard Chifuyu shout,

"KAZUTORAAAA!!!"

Without another word, Mitsuya hung up the phone.

Y/n continued to drive, staring listlessly at the black screen. "...Was that Chifuyu...screaming Kazutora's name?..."

She stomped on the gas, going even faster on her motorcycle than before. "I'm going to that battle!"

Before even properly parking her motorcycle, y/n jumped off her vehicle and let it fall onto the sidewalk

She sprinted towards the entrance of the junkyard, her knees tensing so hard that she could barely keep up with her legs. They were moving on their own.

That's when she heard a faint scream.

"BAJI!!!!"

She stopped running to catch her breath, listening to the echo of the familiar voice. "...Chif...uyu?" She panted after each breath, her brows knitting with confusion.

After taking a moment, she dashed down the alley and through the entrance of the junkyard, only to be met with a sight,

she wish she'd never seen.

There were a bunch of boys scattered around, most of them surrounding two separate groups—Mikey and Kazutora, and Takemichi and Chifuyu.

Y/n squinted her eyes, noticing Chifuyu was holding something in his arms. Takemichi and him were talking to whatever was in his lap, but with all the bodies in the way, she couldn't make out what it was he was holding.

Draken did a double take, facing y/n with wide eyes. "...Y/n?"

Because it was so quiet, almost everyone heard Draken mutter this under his breath, them turning to the girl who was stationed by the entrance.

"Yo, isn't that the Sweet Lotus leader?"
"Oh yeah, I heard about her."
"She disbanded her gang, didn't she?"

Kazutora moved his eyes to the girl, his brows lifting. "Oh, well look who arrived."

Y/n took a few steps forward, Chifuyu turning over his shoulder. Tears streamed down his injured and beaten face, and the person he was holding was revealed.

Her heart sank.

"...Baji...Baji!!!" She almost tripped over her feet, before sliding on the ground beside Chifuyu, accompanying him and Baji and their sides.

He was stabbed in the stomach, his shirt and mouth soaked in blood. It felt so unreal, seeing him in such a fatal state. Y/n could feel the world around her crumble. She was...

going to lose another one.

Baji opened his eyes a little bit, them slowly looking to y/n. A faint grin was painted on his bloody lips. "What're you doin here?"

Y/n could feel what felt like a waterfall of tears instantly roll down her cheeks. Baji watched them fall onto the backs of his hand, making him scoff. "...Chifuyu...I'd kill for some peyoung yakisoba right now."

Chifuyu's teeth clattered, him spitting out any words he could at the moment. "...I'll go buy some."

"...We'll split it, right?"

Chifuyu only sniffed, making Baji smile. He then turned his head a little to y/n, her watery eyes shaking vigorously with fear about what he would say. Because she knew, those would be his last words.

"...Take me to a festival...Just us two."

Y/n's nose flared, her gently grabbing his hand and squeezing it. "I'm so sorry for saying I hate you! I'm so so so sorry!"

He chuckled. "I know you don't...Believe it or not, you're...extremely easy...to read..." His words were slurring together, and becoming more spaced out, prompting y/n to panic.

"Wait, please...Please...you can't...—"

He gave her hand a squeeze. "...I'll say hi to them...Rei, Akira...

and your mother..."

Baji took his last breath, making both y/n and Chifuyu gasp.

"...Baji?" Her eyes went dull.

Chifuyu hugged his dead friend to his chest, screaming his name as loud as he could.

And the rest of the night was a blur for y/n, really. All she remembered was crying into Nahoya for the majority of it, till the cops came. Kazutora was arrested, and everyone scattered the crime scene.

She didn't want to leave Baji. But rather than kicking and screaming like she usually would, she just sort of...accepted it. At this point in her life, death was normal. Everyone around her seemed to leave her one way or another.

Y/n returned home with Draken, and locked herself in her room. She cried that night. Hard.

Draken could hear her sobs from his room, and it only made him feel ten times worse than he already did. He kept the battle of Bloody Halloween a secret from her, but a possibility weighed on his mind;

If y/n was there, could she have changed the outcome? Even by just a little?

They'll never know.