banned

HANMA SAT ON THE SIDEWALK behind the school building, smoking a cigarette

HANMA SAT ON THE SIDEWALK behind the school building, smoking a cigarette. He placed the drug in between his lips, inhaling a large puff of smoke, before slowly releasing it.

"...Hanma?"

He turned to see y/n standing beside him, making him grin. "Hey there, rockstar."

"I was acting, not singing." Y/n chuckled, taking a seat beside him. She held her legs to her chest, the two of them facing ahead and looking at the tree that was planted in front of them.

"Want a huff?"

"I don't smoke, you know that."

"Atta girl. Keep them lungs pretty and pink." He inhaled his cig again.

Y/n turned to him, watching him blow out a large gray cloud. "What is it that you wanted to talk to me about? Are you no longer tutoring me?"

"Hah, no, nothing like that, so you can calm your cute head." He placed his hand on her head, pulling her into him so that her head laid on his shoulder.

She quietly gasped, surprised. "H-Hanma?"

"Listen." He whispered in her ear, the ash from the cigarette falling from his hand and onto the concrete. "You need to distance yourself from Mikey."

Her eyes went round. "Mikey? Why?"

"Just do it."

"...Hanma, I don't mean to sound rude, but...I need a reason."

"...You run a gang, don't you?"

He felt her flinch under his touch, but held her down into him so she couldn't leave. "Shh. Don't make a peep."

What's happening? How did he find out? Is he going to hurt me? No, Hanma wouldn't so that.

He brought his lips closer to her ear, whispering in a voice lower than silence. "I'm sorry for what I'm going to do, y/n."

...What?

"You run Sweet Lotus, right?" He spoke, this time, raising his voice a little more.

"...Hanma..."

"Yes or no."

"...Yes."

"...I run Drip o Red."

Y/n felt her heart drop. What? No way. He can't. I mean, I can't confirm. I've never seen Drip o Red. They've only sent letters making threats, and I'd meet with a masked person to drop off the money they'd ask for...I've never seen the gang itself.

But why would Hanma do that? To me? I don't understand. This isn't adding up. But it must be true. He wouldn't know about Sweet Lotus unless he was the one coordinating the letters!

"Now that you know I'm the leader, what will you do?"

"Hanma, I don't understand."

"You don't need to."