surprise

"

"...WAIT, YOU'RE A DUDE?" Draken turned to Aanya with wide eyes. "You're so pretty."

"Why thank you!—"

"THATS WHAT YOU TOOK AWAY FROM THE STORY!!!???" Rei shouted.

"The reason y/n started a gang was to keep a promise to her father?" Takemichi murmured, slightly empathetic.

"That's really sweet of her..." Mitsuya whispered.

"Wait, so you all scam people to help her out? Talk about loyal." Nahoya chuckled.

"Well, all the people in Sweet Lotus look up to her, including us. She's saved everyone in the gang, or helped them in some way. They don't stay because they are given a small portion of the profit, but because they genuinely want to see y/n happy with her father once he's released from prison." Akira
explained.

"It just SUCKS because y/n never shows other emotions!! You've seen her eyes, right!?" Aanya whined, pointing two fingers to his face. "She's smiling all the time, but we ain't ever seen her cry, get mad, scream, nothing!! She's got eyes like Mikey!"

Mikey instantly turned to Aanya. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"...I dunno, you tell me, Mr.Dead Eyes." Aanya teased.

"...I've seen her cry!" Nahoya smiled, raising his hand.

"HUH!??" Rei, Akira, and Aanya gasped sharply. Rei stomped over to the kitchen table, slamming her hands on the desk.

"What did you do to make her cry, Curly Fries!!!?"

"Nothin'! I just said she seemed pure and she started cryin...Thinking back on it, it must've reminded her of her mom."

Rei and the others let their shoulders drop. She stepped away, turning to face her back to the boys. "...Yeah...Probably."

"...Anyway, that's why we're gonna celebrate her birthday today." Akira stood up from the couch, pushing up her glasses. "We do this every year to keep her mind off her mother's death anniversary. This is the first time we've done a surprise party though."

"...Well then, we should get decorating!" Chifuyu exclaimed, attempting to lighten the mood. "We should hurry before she gets home, right?"

"YEAH!! Let's get decorating!!!" Aanya shouted, skipping towards the kitchen to take out the food.