Chapter 2 THEM

"What do you mean the weather!!! How can the weather affect DNA! That makes no sense!"
My mother yelled and continued her worried commotion.
"My daughter can't have weather DNA! What even is weather DNA?! That's not a thing doctor!" In fear my mother grabbed my doctor tugging her over and over still yelling. The doctor said
"Please calm down mam! We don't know anything about these symptoms; they may even be good!" My mother calmed down after a while and we were forced to leave. We got an uber because my mother was crying and freaking out not wanting to leave. "I'M NOT LEAVING WITHOUT INFO OF MY DAUGHTER!!!"

We eventually came home. My mother is still freaking out and screaming at my brothers and dad as if this was their fault. My father calmed her down and they just talked about what the doctor said.I went up to my room. My room was nice at least to me. I love Art and especially leonardo de vinci. I'm definitely unique. Most people are obsessed with social media and such. Not me. I'm a social outcast like the other unique groups such as theatre nerds or weebs. I've never really fallen in those categories though either. I didn't have many friends either. Although I had one. Her name was Cici or at least that is what she told me to call her. She was a very unique person. She also definitely falls into the weeb and theatre category. I met her in 8th grade but she left for California before high school. It was pretty hard because we were amazing friends. We would talk over the phone but she went missing in sophomore years. They never found her and I'm now a senior. I'm going to be honest. I do miss her.

The next day my mother called into my school office saying I wouldn't be there till further notice because of my unknown health issue. I honestly didn't know why it's such a big deal that my DNA was changing. It's just DNA but I guess they don't know anything about it so maybe it could start to affect other parts too. But how would the weather affect my body? It makes no sense.

I decided to go for a walk at night. So I snuck out. Well not really because I asked my father. He said it was fine if I came back at 11 so I did just that. I always walked to Meadows Park. Our town was called 'The Forest Meadows.' I read a dialogue about why they named it that. Apparently it was because of the lake surrounding the outside of the forest that keeps our town safe or something. Anyways I was walking to the park. I usually brought paint and a canvas to paint underneath my favorite tree. It was the oldest tree in the park and it was beautiful. It was a blossom tree too. Basically just a pink tree. There was also a pond at the park you could see from that tree. I claimed it when we moved here.

I was almost at the park. Only a few miles away. When I got there the sun was setting so I took my phone out and got a few shots. I suddenly was sad realizing my life wasnt as perfect as
others. I saw groups of friends go by laughing and having fun. It just reminded me of Cici and her sister Nat even more. I wish I was like them sometimes. Living life to the fullest. I feel like I wasted my time binga teen. Aren't teens supposed to live their lives or whatever. I don't care much though.

It was beginning to become darker so I decided to head home a bit early at 9:45ish. I packed up all my supplies and headed home. There was a ghetto part of town. Like every town has. I usually walked faster when I went through these parts of town like I did this time but all the stores were closing earlier than they usually did. It was getting suspicious. No one was out right now either. Usually there would be a few people walking around but there weren't. In the corner of my eye I saw a group. They were banging on doors and kicking things around. I soon came to realize it was a gang but they spotted me. We locked eyes and then a guy pointed at me and said "It's her, get her."

I ran as fast as I could and they ran after me. I couldn't get away though. They kept getting closer and closer till I cut them off in an alleyway. 2 of them were still chasing me. I ran into a corner and one of the men said "No more running for you Rose." I said
"How do you know my name?!
"Oh everyone in the organization knows you Rose. You're special." The other 4 men from the group walked up behind them and one guy was wearing different clothes and walked up in front of all of them and said. "You're a very special case Rose. I heard from your doctor at the hospital. Weather affects you huh? Maybe you'll have fun meeting the other cases too."