21. Explanations are in order

———————————————————————
A/n: Italics= Daniela's POV. Normal= Mattheo's POV
———————————————————————

Daniela Romero

Played by Ana De Armas

Mattheo

We followed behind her, stepping into the front room of the house which happened to be the kitchen. A small table was in the middle of the room with four chairs sat around it. The kitchen counter tops were clean. There was minimal clutter but this only added to the feeling of loneliness the house held. The kitchen opened out into a living room too. A sofa was sat in front of a TV with a low table in between. A coffee table stood next to the arm of the sofa closest to us, a single framed photo sitting on it. I walked over to pick it up. It was a picture of my father, my mother and me. I couldn't have been older than a month. But what was the most shocking part of the photo was the smile that was on my father's face.

Judging by the surroundings it looked like it was late may early June. Meaning I was only just born. We were outside, I was wrapped up in my mother's arms as my father hung his arm around her and touched the side of his finger against my cheek.

"Can I get you anything?" My mother asked. "Tea? Coffee?"

"Urm tea please Mrs-" Cord answered but wasn't sure what to call her.

"Please, call me Daniela. Or even Dani," she said sweetly. "I'm not a Mrs, we never married. I never took the Riddle name and honestly, I'm glad I didn't." Cord chuckled awkwardly. "And what's your name dear?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm Cordelia Norwood... mattheo's girlfriend," her last words coming out slightly quieter. I could hear the blush creeping through her voice as I smirked to myself.

"Oh well it's lovely to meet you," she said.

I turned to face them, the photograph in my hands. My eyes held a confused and slightly teary expression.

"What about you darling?" My mother asked me, "what would you like?"

"Well to start with, I'd like you to give me some answers. But a tea would be great thanks," I said coming to sit down beside Cord at the table. She rubbed my thigh with her hand and gave me a peck on the cheek when my mother had turned her back.

"Yes, I suppose that's fair." My mother said putting the kettle on to boil. She came to sit opposite us. "Well, where do I start really,"

"Why did you leave me?" I asked, my voice breaking slightly as I held back the tears.

"I didn't have a choice Mattheo." She sighed. "Ok. This is going to be a long story so I need you to bare with me."