Chapter 17

Rena Dubra

"Come on Rena! We're going to be late!" Rosie hollered to Rena from downstairs, Rena groaned out loudly. "I'm just finishing this chapter! I won't be long!" The Roars was hosting a party after completing two Challenges in the Scare Games, and in all honestly Rena has been putting it off all day, she really didn't want to go to this party this time.

After the last time they had drank and she ended up at Sulleys dorm, and she couldn't remember a thing of that night and she really didn't want that to happen again, Rena just wanted to study. Even though the Scare Games are going ahead, she still had tests and lessons to complete and she didn't want to fall behind.

She sighed as she was called again by Susan this time, Rena stood and made her way down the hallway, where they were all waiting for her. "Took your time slow poke, come on we don't want to be late." Sonia commented. This made Rena roll her eyes, as she follows the HSS team towards The Roars frat house. Where the music was already blasting loudly, and monsters were dancing happily with no care in the world.

HSS went straight onto the dance floor, and started to dance. But Rena really didn't have no intention in dancing, she really wasn't in the mood to party. To the left of the dance floor, she sat on a chair that was against the wall, she sat there with her chin on her palm and her legs crossed. Watching as everyone danced and was having fun, Johnny soon noticed that Rena was sat alone bored, he really didn't want to talk to her after she left him hanging yesterday. After telling him they can hang out, but in the end she just stayed with Sulley completely forgetting about him.

He sighed deeply before walking to her and sitting next to her, "Hey... how are you enjoying the party?"

"Eh... you want to talk to me now?" She snapped completely ignoring his question, "whoa little Red, just a simple question."

This made Rena roll her eyes, watching the HSS dancing once more. "You know what Rena? Fuck you. All I've done is be nice to you, I've told you how I've felt and you treat me like an absolute dog! You left me hanging yesterday and I waited three hours for you! You didn't come, but instead you were still with Sullivan until early hours of the morning!"  Rena stared at him stunned for a few moments, before she stood up and growled at him. "I can't help how I feel okay Johnny!? I don't see you like that, I never have and never will! I see you more like a friend nothing more and nothing less..." the two monsters were absolutely seething.

"Fine. Okay! That's all you had to say Rena, you didn't have to lead me on for this long..." he sighed looking down sadly, "Johnny. I didn't mean to make you feel like I lead you on, because that was never my intention, I never wanted to hurt you. I see you as a very close friend, I'm sorry I can't return the feelings you have for me... because... I like—" Rena couldn't finish her sentence as Johnny cut her off, and placing his hand up. "Don't. Just don't, I don't want to hear his name and your confession right now..." he stood up, being a lot taller than her, and towering over Rena.

"I think we should distance ourselves for a while, just so I can get my head around this—"

"But John—"

"No. Please Rena." Rena sighed, "fine. If that's what you want." Rena didn't let him answer, as she walked towards the exit to the temporary dance floor, but was stopped when OK walked in.

Rena was surprised to see the small Fraternity, "Hi Rena!" Squishy spoke enthusiastically, giving her a little wave. "Hi... Squishy." Sulley came up behind them, slouching and looking like he didn't want to be here either. OK moved out of the way for Rena, so that she could walk up to Sulley.

OK went straight into the dance floor, "Hey... cheer up will you? It's doesn't look like you want to be here,"Rena tried to crack a joke. "Can't say the same to you, maybe take your own advice—" This made Rena crack a small smile. "Are you leaving?"

"I was... but now you're here... I might stay for a little while longer."

"Good, because I don't think I'd cope, without at least one normal monster here. Who doesn't want to see me fail, or come at my throat." This made Rena frown, "nobody wants to see you fail Sulley, everyone is just competitive in the Scare Games, don't let them get to you."

They turned to face Squishy, who was dancing with the PNKS, "I have never stayed up so late in my life!" This made PNK and Rena giggle, as he busted out his moves.

He turned to Sulley, asking him through his dancing for him to come and join him, but Sulley just shook his head leaning on the doorframe. But Squishy nodded his head, while using his hands to do a lasso movement, pretending to move Sulley towards him. Rena laughed and pushed Sulley slightly towards squishy.

This made Sulley roll his eyes and laugh, shuffling over to the group of dancing monsters, he lifted his arms up and started to sway from side to side. This made Rena smile, she turned to leave, but Sulley quickly grabbed her arm and brought her body close to his.

"Nu uh, if I have to dance, you have to put up the burden with me." This made Rena roll her eyes, "if you must insist." This made the crowd around them 'ooo' joining in with them as they danced happily.

They danced for a good hour and Rena felt so much better, even after not wanting to be here, Sulley just made her experience much more funnier. He really did make her time at the University much more better.

The music was suddenly cut off and Johnny's voice could be heard over the loud hall. "Hey, quiet, quiet! Quiet down, you can-wranglers. Alright. On behalf of the ROR's. We'd like to congratulate all the teams that have made it this far. Alright, let's hear it for the PNKS! " The Pinks eyes glowed, and they showed their fangs towards everyone. Rena moved over to the HSS's "Love that trick! Never gets old. HSS!" They all hissed, looking forwards with a bored look. "So creepy! And finally, the surprise team of the Scare Games, Oozma Kappa!" The crowd cheered loudly for them, including Rena. "Come on over, guys. Now, I gotta admit, fellas, I thought you were a bunch of nobodies. But boy was I wrong. Let's hear it, for Oozma Kappa." The OK team moved into the centre of the room, but for some strange reason, Rena started to have really bad anxiety. Something suddenly didn't feel right at all...

Suddenly colourful goo fell from the ceiling, all onto OK some purple colour got onto Renas foot, she grimaced looking at her foot then OK who was now covered in goo. She gasped loudly, as the hall erupted into laughter.

"The most adorable monsters on campus." Glitter and flowers are thrown on Oozma Kappa, and everyone was laughing at them not one monster felt bad for them, apart from Rena who was just stood there stunned. "Release the stuffed animals." Johnny smirked wickedly as Randall appears and pulls a rope releasing stuffed animals from above them. "Faced!" Chet took a photo of them, as they were colourful colours, with flowers, glitter and stuffed animals surrounding them.

Rena and Johnny's eyes connected, and she knew exactly why he had done this, Rena frowned deeply at this. Johnny had never see her so sad in their whole University experience,  he almost felt sorry for OK, but he quickly remembered what happened between the two. And he raised a brow and let out a cocky smile.

It would definitely take a miracle for Rena to forgive Johnny after this.

————————————

Hello! And other chapter of a James P. Sullivan love story, I hope you enjoyed. I can't believe Johnny and The Roars did such a thing to the Oozmas! What was your first reaction when they did this in the movie?

I'll tell you I was very shocked, see you in the next chapter!

HarperRennie

Written; 02/08/21
Completed; 02/08/21