Chapter 15

Rena Dubra

The next day, the swelling on Renas arm had deflated completely, looking as normal as she did before the Scare Games Challenge.

She couldn't believe that the Scare Games had now started, and she had gotten into the next round with her team, she was very happy.

Last night, only the Frat houses had gone into the HSS house to hang out and chill with one another. Excluding Oozma Kappa, who had left to get special help from the medical staff.

But it was nice to have a gathering without drinking, only having civil conversations, being comfortable in each others presence.

Johnny had stayed at Renas side on the two seated couch as they were in their own little world, surprisingly Rena liked his company and they were very similar in the sense of their goals.

The Roars slept over that night, so currently Johnny and Rena were cooking breakfast for the house of University students, who continued to sleep on the floor and couches.

"How's your arm now?" Johnny went passed her, and poured some milk in their cup of teas he was making them, "it's completely healed thank you, a little sore still but I'll cope."

"That's good, just rest it up a few days to make sure you're good for the second Challenge, god knows when they're going to give us the riddle." Rena smiled at him, buttering the toast. "Thank you Johnny, I will."

"So... hey have you thought about what I said the other day?" Rena paused, in fact she hasn't even thought twice about that day he confessed his feelings for her, she bit her lip. "Yeah... I have and still thinking about it..." this made him just nod his head, "Oh alright... um let me get the eggs for you."

Johnny walked around her, as he started to cook the eggs in the pan, adding a little bit of salt. As she watched him back a few eggs, she noticed how much of a good cook he was, "you're quite a good cook."

"Thanks, mom used to cook with me a lot as a kid, I guess it's just stuck with me." He placed the last remaining cooked eggs onto the plates, as she placed the toasts onto the plates. Rena loved a good cooked breakfast in the morning, especially when they have crispy bacon, the HSS house had a delivery yesterday and Rena couldn't be more happier.

"Hey, can you pass me the bacon please." Rena grabbed him some bacon from the fridge, placing it onto his palms. "Thank you beautiful." Rena smiled, "it's no problem... I wonder what the next challenge will be, there's only so much you can do on a University campus." She placed the beans onto their plates. "Honestly with how the University is, it's definitely going to be something fearless." 

This excited Rena "I really cannot wait! The first challenge was so intense, but so bloody good at the same time, I had so much adrenaline!" This made Johnny chuckle turning towards her, "you're adorable, do you know that?" Rena looked towards him and smiled once again, "I'm not, but thank you." 

Johnny started to look serious as he took a few steps towards her, until they were almost chest to chest. "I'm not joking around Rena, you really are the most beautified monster here on campus." The two monsters stared at one another, slowly inching their faces towards each other, inches apart from their lips touching.

But the pair were interrupted when Sonia and Chet walked in, "Morning lovers! How are you both this morning?" Chet commented loudly, making the pair literally jump apart, this made Rena extremely uncomfortable. She was hitting herself, she hadn't considered Johnny at all and then she was being pulled in to kiss him. He's probably on five nine right now.

Rena side eyed Johnny, but in fact he didn't look like he was on five nine, he looked pissed to the crumb. He glared at Chet and Sonia, "what do you both want." He spoke lowly at them, Chet instantly shut up while Sonia looked at him in a monotone. "Dude, chill we smelt breakfast and here we are, I'm in my frat house, so I'm here for our food." Rena bit the inside of her cheek, never seeing this tone on Sonia before.

On queue, Rena quickly turned around to the bacons on the stove and turned it off placing the pan on the side, well they definitely were crispy. "Chet go wake the others up, breakfast is ready." Rena placed the last few bacon on the plates, "Johnny help me put them on the table, thank you."

In no time the kitchen was full of monsters, sitting at the table and standing at the counters, eating a good earned breakfast. The two frat houses chatted and laughed with one another, being another calm time they all had together.

Rena decided she wanted to go and see Sulley, so after breakfast Rena got ready.

When she was about to leave Johnny was leaning on the front door, he had his arms and legs crossed watching her, "Hey little Red, I was hoping that we could do something together today?"

Rena felt bad as she scratched her arm awkwardly, Johnny caught on quickly and his smile dropped. "You're going to see Sullivan, okay." He turned to leave, "Wait Johnny, we can hang out later okay? I just want to see if he's okay, he was flared up pretty bad last night."

He nodded not turning around, "Alright that's cool, I'll see you after then little Red" he gave her a smile before leaving. That went better than she had thought.

Surprisingly, it didn't take long to find Sulley— well he found her. He seemed a bit off ish, which confused her and as she doesn't think she did anything wrong. "Are you okay Sulley? You seem a bit offish, how are the Oozmas?"

"I'm fine. And They're just... them, non scaring as ever." Rena furrowed her brows in confusion, "seriously Sulley, what's wrong?" He sighed stopping and turning to Rena. "I saw you and Johnny yesterday... the way he held you, it just didn't sit well with me." This made her frown, feeling extremely guilty, she never wanted him to feel that way. She didn't even notice that they were that close last night, but either way Johnny was just looking out for her and being kind. "I got hit with one of the Urchins and he was just looking out for me, there's nothing wrong with that." Sulley rolled is eyes, "yeah, sure."

Rena sighed. "I don't want to hurt you Sulley, please don't be mad at me" she pouted up at him, trying to give him the biggest puppy eyes she could muster. Sulley covered his face with his paws, "how can I stay mad at you when you pull faces like that!" Groaning out loudly, he shook his head, this made Rena giggle.

"What can I say? I can be pretty persuasive." Sulley smiled down at her, "Anyway, how are you feeling? After getting pricked?"

"I'm completely fine, I should be asking you that question, you and the Oozmas got pretty pricked up yesterday." Rena shrugged, Sulley thought for a moment. Then smirked, "I'm alright, but see here this spot on my cheek, it is still pretty sore. A kiss on the cheek may help."

This made Rena laugh shaking her head, "you're honestly such a goof ball Sullivan." But either way, she stood onto the tip of her toes, placing her lips onto his cheek. Rena lingered there for a moment, liking his fur on her lips.

Sulley was stunned not thinking that she'd actually do it, but he quickly smiled at this. "Thank you gorgeous, I really think that helped." Rena placed some of her hair behind her ear, and smiled right back at him. "Thank you Sulley, I really appreciate it."

"Anytime Rena, anytime!"

———————————

Chapter 16 in the bag! How was it? I hope that it wasn't too short and boring once again. Another chapter including a bit of Johnny and Sulley 💜

If there's something that I should improve on, please

Comment, vote and follow me!

HarperRennie

Written; 01/08/21
Completed; 02/08/21