Chapter 13

Rena Dubra

The next morning, Rena groaned out in pain last night when she got back to the frat house, all the girls continued to watch movies. So Rena had joined them, and they all fell asleep on the floor and couches, unlucky for Rena she had the floor. So her back was slightly sore.

Rena was the first to wake up, so she went and started to cook the girls breakfast, she was cooking the eggs when Sonia came up behind her. "Morning Rena, how are you feeling? After yesterday?" Rena knew she was talking about Johnny, so she shrugged in response. "I'm okay I guess, it's not a big deal." Sonia wasn't quite convinced, but she didn't pressure Rena to talk, Sonia stayed quiet after that. Helping Rena whenever she needed, until the whole HSS'  team was awake and around the table.

They chatted happily until there was a knock at their door, Rena stood up allowing the other girls to finish their breakfasts.

She opened the door for Brody to appear, "Good morning Rena of HSS! How are you doing this fine morning?!" Brody shouted loudly in her face, which Rena wasn't really impressed with, being shouted at so early in the morning. "I'm doing...okay. Thank you, what's up?" She spoke in a monotone.

"Here's your letter about the first challenge of the Scare Games! Can't wait to see you there! See you later!" He didn't even let her respond, as he walked away to the next frat house.

Rena closed the door and sat  in her original spot, she then gave the  letter to Rosie, "it's the letter for the first challenge." She took the letter enthusiastically, "yes! Let's see what it says... A child's room is where you scare, but avoid the toxicity lurking there." The girls looked at each other... where did they want them to meet?

It was the afternoon and Rena currently sat with Sulley at their spot by the river in campus. "They have no chance! Honestly I don't know what Mike was thinking, I know he was desperate but not this desperate!" Sulley laid on his back rubbing his paws over his face. "I mean they're not that bad." Rena tried to convince Sulley as well as herself, but she didn't sound confident at all. This made Sulley groan.

"If we don't win, we're back where we started, back to boring old canister design. I know I won't be able to cope with that Rena, the professor was so slow! A snail could run faster than his figure of speech." This made Rena giggle, which Sulley cracked a small smile hearing her sweet laugh, he shook his head trying to put on a straight face.

Sulley then turned his head to Rena, "Rena...?"
She looked down at him and smiled, "Yes Sulley?" He was silent for a moment before speaking, "...Thank you for always being there for me this year... I really appreciate it."

"Of course Sulley, you're stuck with me for life!" She winked at him making him chuckle. "I wouldn't have it any other way." It was silent between the two, as they both smiled at each other, feeling completely comfortable with one another. They didn't pay attention to nobody else but themselves, the two monsters slowly started to inch closer to one another without realising.

Their lips were a small inch a part, almost colliding into each other... when they were interrupted once again, by Mike Wazowski. "For fuck sake!" Sulley growled lowly, as he stood up glaring down at Mike. "What do you want Wazowski?"

Rena also stood rather embarrassed by the encounter, they were interrupted again so she was slightly annoyed as well. "What do I want? Sulley! We need to practice for the Scare Games tonight, and you're too busy kissing it up with Rena!— no offence Rena."

This made Rena glare, "Actually we never get to that part because idiots keep getting in the way!" She shouted loudly, gaining a few monsters attention, "I'll see you later at the Games Sulley, I wish you a lot of lucky."

Sulley nodded and then glowered at Mike in anger, as much as Rena shouldn't be mad at Mike. She was extremely pissed, because this was around the third time this has happened to her and Sulley, and it was getting annoying. Rena walked to the HSS' house, she wanted to scream into her pillow, to let out her frustration.

But obviously her lucky today was limited, as Johnny came into view, he smiled and waved to her. "Hey beautiful! How are yo—" he cut himself off seeing her facial expression, "—what's wrong? Rena? Has someone hurt you?"

"No Johnny they haven't, I'm just not in the best of moods right now, please leave me  alone. I'll talk to you later." This made Johnny frown as she walked passed him, and inside the frat house.

She went straight into the living room where Rhonda sat, she had broken her arm three weeks ago and was briefly watching Scare Feast, the cooking show.

Rena sat next to her on the couch, slouching slightly. "Hey Rhonda..."

"Hey. You okay?" Rena shrugged "not really, but don't really want to talk about it either." Rhonda nodded in understanding, and just continued watching her show, Rena didn't bother going to the rest of her classes.

She had fallen asleep until someone was shaking her.

"Rena wake up! The first Scare Games is tonight, in thirty minutes! I've cracked the riddle." Susan spoke, this made Rena groan loudly, but she was instantly awake when she heard about the Scare Games. "What! Really? Where is it?"

All the girls were behind Susan, smirking.
"The Sewers." This made Rena furrow her brows in confusion... why out of all places would they want the Scare Games in a Sewer?

——————————

Hello! Chapter 13 in the bag, it was just another filler Chapter, so I do apologise if it's slightly boring. Crossing fingers it's not and it kept you entertained.

The Scare Games are Officially about to begin and Rena and the gang are more ready than ever— I know a tired Rena doesn't look that convincing, but I promise she is ;) and they can't wait for the Scare Games to begin.

But how did you find it!?

Please comment, vote and follow me! 💜

HarperRennie

Written; 31/07/21
Completed; 01/08/21

Pinch punch first day of the month, no returns ;) Bye!