Chapter 7

Natasha's POV

“Sam. No. Stop!” I squealed as I ran around his house.

“Tash.” He said in this voice, I couldn't tell where it came from.

I felt the cold water sliding down my back, and I let out a high shriek. It was fifty degrees outside, and the guys decided to play with the hose, and filled buckets up to scare the girls.

I told the girls to go fill buckets, we were declaring war. I was the decoy meanwhile they filled them up.

Finally, I didn't feel the cold water anymore, just the cool air, and I turned around. Sam and the guys were laughing.

“It's fifty degrees outside, are you guys crazy?”

Sam grabbed my hand, and pulled me towards him. He tried to kiss me, but I moved my head, pretending to be mad.

“We're just playing, Tash.” He says in his sweet voice.

“So are we.” I step away and the guys confused look gets replaced with shock as gallons of water, I hope ice cold, gets dumped on them, creating a big puddle around them.

“Well played.” Lucas says, and they all start laughing.

“Don't underestimate us.” Sam gives me a small kiss.

“Trust me, they won't anymore.” Tomi says and hands Cole a towel.

We head inside the warm house. Sam wraps us with a large towel, and he takes me to the studio in the basement, meanwhile everybody stayed upstairs.

We've been together for a month now, and it's been pretty great. The sad thing though is that they are going on tour in three weeks. Sam has been trying to convince me to go on tour with them, but I have not decided.

“What are we doing down here?” I ask.

“I want you to be the first person out of the band to hear the new single that we are releasing tonight.”

“Seriously?” I smile.

“Yeah.” I cross my legs on the chair.

“Alright, lets hear it.” He presses play.

It was the song he sang for me the night I kissed him. It was beautiful, and drew a lot of my emotions out. It honestly was such a great song.

Once it ended he looked at me. “What do you think?” He asks.

“I am at a loss for words, Sam. It's amazing.” He softly kisses me, and then puts his forehead against mine.

“I'm going to miss you this tour.” He mumbles against my lips, and continues to kiss me.

“Sam.” I say softly.

“Yeah?” He looks at me with his brown eyes.

“I love you.”

“I love you, too.”

“You make me really happy.” I tell him.

“So do you.” He pauses. “Go on tour with us, I don't think I can't stand being away from you for that long.”

Sam sits down on the couch, and I walk over and sit next to him, putting my head in his neck. I listen to his breathing for a bit before I answer.

“I'm going to miss you a lot, but I need a little bit more time to think about it. I just can't leave my life here, Vermillion is my home, and I have a job.”

“I understand that.”

“I'll give you my answer in a week.” He nods, and kisses me.

“Sleep over at my house?” I invite him.

“Is that such a good idea?” He gives me a mischievous smile.

“I think it is.” He nods.

“Alright, then.” Marcus calls us to go back upstairs because the pizza was here.

Sam's POV.

Tash left because she was tired, and I told her that I would be at her place shortly after. I went over about twenty minutes after she left.

Her bedroom door was open, and her light was on. Natasha lived by herself, the house was paid off by her parents before they died.

She lost her parents when she was a senior in high school. We didn't get to finish high school together because the state made her live with her aunt in Illinois until she was eighteen. Tash moved back, but we always kept in touch, and on occasion, I would go visit her.

Natasha liked to pretend that she was alright, but I knew that she missed her parents, and I knew that she hated being alone in that house more than anything.

She stepped out of her room, and jumped when she saw me.

“You scared me!”

“Sorry, thought you were sleeping.” She was wearing an oversized sweatshirt, and shorts.

“It's okay.” She takes me by the hand and we go into her room.

She kisses me, and I lie her down on her bed.

“Are you sure?” I ask her.

She nods.

“I couldn't be anymore sure.” This night we make love.