Chapter 2

Natasha's POV

I woke up, and Sam was no longer there. The clock read four, almost five, and right by the radio was a post it note. I picked it up and read it.

Get together is at six, text me if you want me to pick you up. - Sam

Usually I am the only girl there, but maybe Lou or Michael will bring their girlfriends or something. I didn't really mind being the only girl there, but all they talked about was tour, and what they were planning for the next one, and then we would eat fast food, and drink.

I turned twenty one over the summer, Sam missed it, but he called me five times that day, even though he had a show. Sam even got the crowd at their show to sing happy birthday to me, I was crying the whole time.

I texted him to get me when he was leaving, and I got up to take a long shower. Afterward, I chose what I was going to wear. I chose an oversized sweater, black laced leggings, and my gray Uggs. Since fall was here, it was getting cold here in South Dakota.

Sam walked in on me, when I was still in my towel.

“Sam!”

“Sorry!” He turned around, and walked out.

I saw his ears turn really red. I quickly changed, and walked out. He was waiting in the living room.

“Knocking helps avoid that.”

“I am sorry.” I laughed.

“Sam, it's fine, are we leaving?”

“Yeah, sorry, again.” He was so embarrassed.

“Oh, Sammy.”

The drive to Cole's parents house was about half an hour. We lived in a small town, but the houses were very separated.

“Cole has a new girlfriend that he wants us to meet.”

“Is she from here?” He shakes his head.

“No, she's from a small town in Iowa.”

“Where'd he meet her?”

“He said he met her at the mall during our free day.”

“And he's kept her a secret until now?”

“Yeah, wanted to wait until the tour was over.”

“Oh.”

We arrive, and we let ourselves in. We find them all in the basement. Marcus is the first to hug me.

“It feels like we haven't seen you in a long time.” He lets go.

“I know, we need to catch up.” I go say hi to everyone else.

I hug Jordan next. He was like my older brother since he was the oldest out of all of us. Then I hug Michael and Lucas, and their girlfriends. I finally get to Cole, and his girlfriend.

“Cole, who's the lucky lady?” I laugh.

“Hi, I'm Tomi.”

“I'm Natasha. Nice to meet you.” I shake her hand, and go sit next to Sam.

“Want a beer?” Sam asks, and I nod.

He hands me one, and gets one for himself.

“Best venue you played?” I ask the guys.

“Bottom Lounge.” They all say at the same time.

“It's always such a great turn out there, and their energy is amazing every time.” Cole says.

“Favorite song to play?” Tomi asks.

“I'd have to say Sanctuary.” Sam says.

“And Payphone, crowd always loves that one.” Lucas says.

We spend half an hour talking about highlights of the tour, and then all of the girls and I go upstairs to go talk.

“So I think Michael is serious about us.” Sarah says softly.

“I think he's always been serious about you Sarah.” She looks up at us.

“No, like really serious.” She holds up a ring in between her fingers.

“Is that what I think it is?” I ask.

“He asked, and I haven't given him an answer.”

Sarah and Michael have been going out since his senior year, and her junior year in high school. Almost four years.

“How did he ask?” Tomi asks.

“We were at his house, and he randomly said, lets get married. I told him that I didn't want it to be a in the moment thing, and then he showed me the ring.”

“What are you going to say?” Riley asks.

“I think yes, but you guys can't say anything.” We promise.

“What about you and Sam?” Tomi asks.

“What about us?”

“Are you guys serious?” I sip my beer slowly before answering.