Chapter 6

Natasha's POV

I put the tulips in a vase once I got home. The lights were on at his house, and I knew that they were all there.

Sam lives with most of the guys, but since most of the guy's don't see their parents until they come back from tour, they're almost always at their parents house for the first few days.

I looked at the purple tulips. They're almost impossible to find this late in October, so I knew he had spent a lot of money. I was going to scold him for that, but I appreciate them. I've only told him once that I loved purple tulips, and I seriously thought he was not listening to me.

I was tired, but I had two free days until I had to work again. I seriously only slept for three hours, and then my shift started at nine in the morning.

I showered and changed into a beige shirt with sleeves, and a black owl in the front, black shorts, and my beige UGG boots.

When I looked at my phone, I had a few messages, none from Sam, but some of them were from Marcus and Lucas. Then I got a phone call, and I answered without looking at who it was.

“Hello?”

“Why aren't you over here?” It was Lucas.

“I just got home, and I'm tired.”

“Come on, Natasha.” I don't say anything. “Want to tell me what happened?”

“Not really.”

“Well, I'm going to guess it has something to do with Sam because he's acting weird.”

“Yeah.” I say quietly.

“Okay, I'm coming over.” And he hung up.

Two minutes later, he let himself in, and I was just sitting down with my legs crossed on my couch.

“Hi Lucas.”

“Spill.” I sighed.

“I may have kissed Sam. And I may have had almost sex with him. And I may have just left him, leaving him with a note that said sorry.”

“Whoa. That's a lot to process. Why did you leave?”

“I don't know.” I said.

“You do.”

“I think I left because I can't let anyone in. Sam has always been my best friend, but when my parents died...I put up a wall with everyone. I let that wall down with Sam, and I got scared.”

“That's what you need to tell Sam.” I nod. “Lets go to the house, and you two are going to talk it out.”

“Oh, boy.” I say under my breath, and he helps me up.

Sam's POV

“This new song is going to blow everyone away!” Jordan says after I show him the new song.

“I hope it does.” I drink my water. “Where's Lou?” I ask when I don't see him in the room.

“He went over to Natasha's house.” Riley says.

I saw her carrying in the purple tulips I got her, I knew they were her favorite. I honestly can't say what happened last night. If she doesn't want to be together, I'll accept that, but it'll be hard going back to just being best friends.

We heard the door open, and Lucas came into the living room.

“Hey Sam, can I talk to you?”

“Sure.” I followed him outside, where Natasha was standing, facing the field.

“I'll be inside.” Lucas says, and closes the door behind him.

“Hi.” I tell her, and she turns around.

“Hey.”

I didn't know if she wanted to start, or if she wanted me to. I take her hand, and we sit on the back porch swing.

“Did you like the tulips?” She nods.

“We need to talk.”

“I know.” I sigh.

“I'm sorry I just left you hanging there, I got scared, it was going too fast for me.” I begin to speak, but she stops me. “You know how hard it is for me to let someone in, and I'm not saying that as an excuse. I'd like to try us again.”

“I'd like that.” I kiss her softly, and there was cheering behind us.

We looked back, and everyone was watching through the window. We just laughed, and went inside, holding hands, and I was happy that we were together. Nothing could ruin this.