Chapter 3

Sam's POV

I couldn't stop thinking about Natasha. She had just grown more beautiful while I had been gone touring. I was so embarrassed when I walked in on her.

“Man, I asked Sarah to marry me.” Michael says.

“What?” We all say at the same time.

This was coming from the man who said a girl would never tie him down. I knew it was serious, just like my love for Natasha was.

“She said she needed to think about it, I'm worried.”

“Sarah would be crazy to say no.” I tell him. He gave me a small smile. “I'm going to go get some hard liquor.”

“Get the scotch.” Jordan says.

“Sure thing, old man.” We all laughed.

I quietly walked up the stairs, and I could hear the girls conversation. I could guess that Sarah told them about Michael asking her to get married. Then I hear Tomi ask Natasha a question.

“What about you and Sam?” She asked.

“What about us?” Tash asked.

“Are you guys serious?” I didn't move, I wanted to hear.

Natasha was quiet for a few moments, then began talking.

“We're best friends, we actually got married in Kindergarten. If something did happen between us, I'd be happy, but right now I don't really see anything happening.”

Wait. Is she saying she likes me? I continue walking up the stairs, and I make noise to alert them that someone is coming up.

“Hey girls.” I greet them.

I see Tash turning really red, and the other girls laugh.

“Hey, Sam, do you think you can hand me another beer?” Tash asks.

“Sure.” I hand her one, and I grab the vodka and scotch.

I didn't really drink the hard stuff much, I usually had like one glass.

“No tequila?” Tash asks.

“The guys don't really like it.” If someone wanted to get drunk fast, tequila was the way to go, and I didn't really want to get super drunk tonight.

“I'll drink one with you.” She smiles, and I get two double shot glasses out, and she serves the tequila up to the top.

“This is going to go straight through you, Tash.” I warn her.

“Let it be.” We both down our shots in seconds. “Another one.” She begs.

“I need to drive you home, Tash. I can't drink much.” I was usually the responsible one.

“One more, and I'll even sober you up with coffee.”

“Fine.” We did one more, and I could already see that it was effecting her.

“You're my best friend, Sammy.” She hugs me, and then sits down with the girls.

I go downstairs, and all the guys, except Lucas and I, serve themselves. I don't drink because I really did need to drive Tash home, and at least one of us had to be sober.

Tash does comply, and she hands me a cup of black coffee, and then runs upstairs. From the cheering upstairs, I knew they were still drinking.

Once it hit two in the morning, I was completely sober, and everyone else was wiped out. I said goodbye to everybody, and went upstairs to get Tash.

She was falling asleep, but trying to keep herself awake.

“Tash, lets go.”

“Okay.” She put her arm around my neck, and I put her in the backseat of the car.

I took her into my house, and my room because I didn't know where her keys were, and it was late and I didn't feel like going on a hunt for them.

Natasha liked to let loose, but sometimes she took it overboard. She just needed to be reminded not to drink too much, or you'd have to limit her.

I was grabbing blankets so I could go sleep in the living room, while she slept in my room. When I turned around, she was staring at me.

“I thought you were sleeping.” I whispered.

“Don't leave me alone.”

“You want me to sleep with you?” She nods, and moves over.

I put my glasses on the stand, and I was lying with her. She looked up at me, she looked vulnerable.

“I love you, Sam.”

“I love you, too, Tash.”

“You really are a great friend.” She turned her back to me, and wrapped my arm around her.

Had I misinterpreted earlier? Maybe she had no feelings for me . She only saw me as a friend, that's all I was.