Chapter 1

“Sam!” I yelled through the small house.

I knew that by me opening the door that he would know that I was here, but I just wanted to be sure he knew I was here.

“I heard you come in.” He says as he walks to the kitchen.

I studied him, his blonde hair was shorter, and now pulled up with gel, he recently started wearing his glasses instead of his contacts. Sam had chocolate brown eyes, the kind that you wouldn't mind staring into. He wasn't really tall, but he wasn't short either. He was perfect, and he was my best friend.

“Way to tell me that you were coming back, jerk.” I crossed my arms.

I heard from his sister, only ten minutes ago, that he returned from touring. I was so mad when he hadn't even told me himself.

“Tash.”' He says sweetly.

My name was Natasha, but he liked to call me Tash, and he was the only one who called me that.

“Sam.” I glared at him, and he opened his arms.

“I missed you.” I give him a look.

“I'm not going to give you a hug until you explain yourself, buddy.”

“I wanted to surprise you.” After a few seconds, I go over and hug him.

“You know I don't like surprises.”

“I know you don't because you always find out about them.” It was true, I had my ways.

“I really missed you.” I let go of him.

“I needed one of your hugs.”

“How do you live without me?” He laughs.

“No idea.” We sit down in his living room.

“So how did the tour go?”

“It was a lot of fun. I met a ton of new fans, and when they sing the words I wrote with me... those are the moments I live for.” I smiled at him. “You should go with us, we leave in a few weeks for the next tour.”

“Sam, I would love to, but what would I do? I'd just be a hassle.”

“You're not a hassle, you're my best friend, and I miss seeing you every day.”

It was true. Once they started the band, and they started touring, I hardly got to see Sam. I was left working at home, and he was touring the US.

“I don't know, I'd have to think about it.”

“There's nothing to think about.”

“I just can't drop everything here, Sammy.”

“Are you still going out with Roger?”

Roger was my boyfriend before Sam left, and then we broke up. I had to deal with it on my own.

“No, we broke up four months ago.”

“I'm sorry.” He grabbed my hand, and I could feel my heart skip a beat.

“Don't be. He wasn't right for me.”

“Don't worry, you'll find someone.” I hated when we talked about relationships. I didn't want to find someone, I wanted him.

SAM POV

Why did I tell her that? I didn't want her to find someone else, I wanted her to be with me forever. I've loved her ever since our fake wedding in kindergarten.

“Thanks.” She smiles softly.

Natasha was gorgeous. Her brown hair was cut up to her shoulders, and she had big gray eyes that were filled with happiness and sadness at the same time.

If only she knew that she inspired over half of my songs. I told her it was about a girl I loved, but I never told her that the girl I loved was her.

“We're having a get together at Cole's parents place tonight, you should come.”

“I worked the late shift last night, I'm tired, and that's kind of a private thing.”

“Come on, take a nap now, and we'll go afterward.”

“Lets go to my house.” She lived next door, so the walk was short.

Tash led me to her bedroom, and put her head on my lap.

“Sing to me. I missed your voice.”

“What do you want me to sing?” I knew what she was going to ask for, ever since she heard Taylor Momsen sing her song Heart, she's made me sing it to her whenever I was home.

“Heart.”

“Heart it is.” I cleared my voice, and began to sing to her. “I'm falling all over myself, trying to be someone else.” Her eyes closed, and after I was finished with the song, I noticed she had fallen asleep.

“I love you, Natasha.” I said softly.