FoUrTeEn

Tisha's POV

If we thought getting a job in Lagos was peanuts, then we were so mistaken.
She went out everyday with high hopes only to trudge back in with low morale.

How she gets positive energy each day, that's beyond my comprehension.

H

er bank account was fast dwindling as her parents overseas refused to send her allowance anymore after she turned down their request on several occasions to come over and join them in the family business there.

I didn't allow her to tell them about what was happening because I didn't want their pity.

So all she told them was she wanted to find her feet on her own without their interference.

I had tried talking to her to make her see reasons why she should take up the offer and shouldn't worry about me but the coconut head of a lady refused to budge.

She'd leave the house with,"I'm so gonna rip their minds out for this interview!"

Then she'd come back with,"I hate job hunting."

Me?
All I did was knit day in day out.

I managed to convince her to let me work from home as I could build websites and mobile apps, design UI and UX, and the likes.
She only agreed after I promised not to sit in a place for too long due to the nature of the job.

I hooked up some contacts and got to work.

I honestly didn't know why she'd struggle for a white collar job when she could make her money from home.

She was a freaking genius.
Forget the craziness and every thing.

"I just wanna have a office to go. Is that too much to ask?", she mumbled after she arrived home.

"Na you know wetin you dey find up and down."

"You know wetin dey pain me so? They'd seem impressed like madly impressed during the interview then 80% of 'em would ask me if I'd come to work with my hijab on. The moment I nod in the affirmative, they'd change countenance and tell me they'll get back to me."

She sat up.
"15 tech companies Tish. F-i-f-t-e-e-n. Are they all stupid to refer to my hijab as a hindrance in getting a job??? No it's not a question. They need to upgrade the operating systems of their brains."

I sighed,"Just let it go Aq. You can get a remote job and save yourself this stress please."

"No. If every Muslim woman turns her back on her dreams just because her hijab is considered a hindrance in that aspect then we wouldn't have Muslimahs with self confidence and high esteem any longer. You know what?? I'm getting that job tomorrow."

"What are you going to do this time woman? Please don't pour coffee on the receptionist's head like you did last time just because she told you your hijab would never get you anywhere. Or deface their wall with markers stating end hijabophobia. Or tamper with their elevator settings as soon as you realized one of the directors was with you in the elevator. Or...", she cut me off.

"You know those companies annoyed the crap out of me. Anyway, I'm getting my job tomorrow."

"You'll get it or you'll cause more drama?"