TwEnTy-SiX

Tisha's POV

I woke up with a start as I felt my body being shoved. My eyes met the death glare of one of my aunt's goons.

As soon as he made sure I was wide awake, he started to drag me towards the door.
I struggled to free myself but he had a grip of steel.

"Get your filthy slimy hands off me!"

No reaction.
I guess I was invisible or he just chose to ignore me.

Still, I kept on thrashing and struggling to free my hands.

Either it was the sudden way he let go of me or I had grown really weak, I was sure I saw multi coloured stars the moment I landed on the floor.

He bent towards the ground where I was struggling to stay conscious and yanked off my hijab.

Slowly, he wrapped his hands around my hair and pulled hard.
I was sure my screams could be heard throughout the building we were kept hostage.

Just when I thought I would die of raw undiluted pain, he released my hair and stationed his face really close to mine.

If the hair yanking didn't kill me eventually, I was sure the alcohol and cigarettes stench oozing from his mouth would be the death of me.

"I am happy to see that a larger chunk of that rebellious spirit has been snatched out of you", he drawled.

I didn't care one bit.
I would be a weakling to the moon and back if that was my only lifeline in ensuring my babies wouldn't be harmed.

My eyes suddenly started to droop against my will.

"Please...",I moaned in agony.
"Where are my babies and sister?"

I was really struggling to keep my eyes open.

He smirked,"I was actually taking you to them before your annoying efforts to get scot free made me stop to give you a little punishment."

"Don't you...don't you even have a heart? Do you not...have a sister? Or a mo...?"

I wasn't able to complete my sentence before one helluva mighty slap whipped my head so hard, it hit a wall heavily.

Now I was sure I was going to die.
How sure?
99.9%.

He pulled me up roughly,"Any more word from you, your filthy bastard children would be dead."

I nodded.
Even if I wanted to speak, that hit really did a number on me. I was temporarily dumb.

When I thought my body couldn't take any more dragging, he dropped me in front of a door, opened it, and shoved me inside.

My aunt's voice made me look up.
She had a knife on one hand, Aneesah on the other had.
My eyes widened at what she was about to do before I was dragged in.

She noticed my presence and gave a sinister smile,"Glad you were able to join the party darling. I was about to rip every single finger off your precious daughter for every passing moment your device takes to decrypt."

I tried to get up but who was I kidding??
My bones had literally been reduced to jelly.
Just as I was about falling down for the third time in a row, I realized someone was supporting my weight.
I looked up into the loving almost pitiful gaze of my brother.

Abdul-Malik.

I whimpered.
It had been long.
So long since I last saw him.
I hadn't realized he was nearest to me than others were.

Although his hands were still bounded in ropes, he had managed to stand up and catch me with his body before I hit the ground again.

"Is it really you Duriyyah?? Everything will be fine baby duck. InShaAllah", he whispered with a small smile.