TwEnTY-FoUr

Aqsa's POV

I struggled with my coughing fits while trying to get my body into a sitting position.

My head was banging badly.
I lifted my tight hand to massage the ache spot behind my head only to lower it back fast.
My eyes widened in terror at my blood stained fingers.

"What the hell???"

Quickly, I stood up to treat my wound and stop the bleeding.

I looked at my wedding dress in disdain as the memories of what happened started to fall in place.

I looked around to find out I was the only one in the house.
The twins were no where to be found.
Both Tisha and her sister and her babies.
I banged my head against my palms so hard until I felt most of the dizziness clear out.

My aunt's goon had hit me behind the head with a heavy metal to render me unconscious while they made their escape.

I had to do something fast.
After the gruesome story that murderer told us, I had no doubt she was going to kill Nuriyyah and Tisha as soon as she had gotten them to activate the device with their fingerprints.

Apparently Tish had refused to unlock it the night she disappeared.
She had built it to only respond to her and Nuriyyah's fingerprints placed on it simultaneously.
I must say, my cousin was a freaking genius and if not for the life and death situation we were in, I would have hit her so hard to ask her why she kept so much potential to herself alone all these years.

I stopped my pacing.

Was I dumb?
Of course she had amnesia for years. She wouldn't have realized she could change the way the world worked her inventions.
Anyway and how, I was going to find Iman and inform him of the situation.

To think the woman knew where Tish was all these years!

While she had us tied up and grunting in pain, fake Mrs Isa had explained how she got my best friend raped, beaten and battered when she had refused to tell her whose other person's fingerprint she needed to activate the INET.

Tears escaped my eyes as I remembered the look of raw pain and gruelling anguish Tish had on her face as the imposter took her through every single thing she did to her that fateful night.

The woman narrated how she had her dumped into the gutters and stayed behind to see who would pick her up.
She had almost given up on anyone passing by when Tisha's adopted parents pulled over.

Taking a proper snapshot of their faces, she traced them days after with it and had ensured she bribed the doctor on her case with lots of money to ensure Tisha's case was dismissed as a long term amnesia with no remedy, when in reality a surgery could have been carried out on her and she would have led her adopted parents to her family without hassle.

But God surely had a way of working things out.

No family.
Struck with amnesia.
And a murderer aunt after her life.

Complicated madness everywhere.

I felt helpless for the first time in my life.
My bestie was sitting right accross to me, writhing in mental torture and I was all tied up with nothing to do than watch her.

Tisha had sacrificed her life, yeah, literally her life, to ensure the woman didn't get to her sister and destroy her life too.

I couldn't take it anymore, so I allowed myself fall to the ground and bursted into tears.

I cried hard.
I cried for the life my best friend never had. I cried for the gruesome scenes she had witnessed as a teenager.
Tears soaked my hijab for the way Tish didn't deserve any of these.

She was a sweet innocent young lady who deserved to live her life to the fullest potential without being held down.
She had almost died the first time protecting her sister.

God only knows what she'd been through.
No one to help her. Everyday struggling to pick up all the pieces. Only God knew if she'd ever recover from the trauma.

And now the same life she was trying to protect and hers were in serious jeopardy.

Last time she didn't have any kids in the picture.
I wiped my face clean.
This time, she had two beautiful kids whose lives were now also on the line. I wasn't going to let that happen.

I was done hiding my identity.
I pulled out my phone and dialed a number.

"How many papers do I have to sign before coming out of retirement?"

"Really Aq??! You're coming back in?? What happened to you getting married and settling down?"

"Just answer the damn question Ava. Am I getting back in or not?"

"Of course of course you're in back in the game baby. Boy, did I miss you. Meet you at headquarters in thirty minutes. Welcome back on board Agent Aqsa."

I tossed the phone to the couch and walked over to the baby cot.
Reaching under the cot, I zipped open a hidden part and pulled out my gun.

No more hiding in the shadows.

This federal Agent had some scores to settle.

I was supposed to get married alright, but I didn't request a family-only wedding for nothing.
I needed to get out of there before my parents came crashing through the door any moment.
I refused to stay at their apartment the night before mainly because of Tish and her existence we kept a secret.

How her aunt knew about her whereabouts?
She had kept a tab on her all these years so she was just waiting for the right time to strike--and oh boy, Mus'ab had some explaining to do.

Getting my best friend impregnated and kicking her out of the marriage.
I popped my knuckles. I wasn't bluffing when I told him I would disfigure his face the moment he breaks my Tisha's heart.
But first, I really needed to find my cousins and niece and nephew which was why I was pulling back into the FBI.

They were the whole reason why I got involved with Tisha in the first place.

I am not totally who Tisha thinks I am.
Her father?
Like her real father wouldn't give up on his missing daughter. When the Nigerian police failed in finding her, he decided to pull some strings.

I was 19, a freshman agent when I was pulled in for an undercover job.
I wasn't told whose daughter I was to find.
All I had was her picture and the last place she was sighted on the satellite.

That was what I had to deal with to prove I was worthy of the job.
No questions.
Just succeed the mission.
The rest they say, is history.

I found Tish and slowly made my way into her life.
It was obvious she was struggling with amnesia even from the first day we met.
She whooped the thief I had staged and didn't even have an idea on how she had taken him out within seconds.

I had found the girl, mission over.
I couldn't wait to get back to my family overseas.
Nigeria wasn't for me.
However that wasn't to be.

I was summoned to FBI'S branch headquarters in Nigeria and was told I had to stay back on the mission to protect the "victim".

Her father feared the person behind her disappearance would strike anytime soon as he found out the "woman" already knew her whereabouts.

I was dumb.
So dumb.
If only I had asked questions, I would have found out the lady I spent years of my life protecting was none other than my missing cousin.
Well, blame her father for keeping her existence to himself.

The night I found out about our relation, I stopped seeing it as a mission.
I vowed to protect her with everything I had.

I pulled out of the mission and retired after I thought there wasn't anyone after her life and told the agency her father was just probably imagining things.

But today, I realize I made a big mistake.
And I was going to rectify it.

.....
Another shocker 🌝
Okay 🌚🌚
That star 🌟