TwEnTy-TwO

Tisha's POV

"Sooooo.....Aqsa has this guy's eyes on her", Nuriyyah drawled.

Aqsa pounced on her and they wrestled for a while before they eventually let eachother go.

I giggled,"Imam right?"

Aqsa growled in my direction as she stood up to pack my bags.
We were leaving the hospital today and moving into a larger apartment Nuriyyah bought.

Apparently I was swimming in money but wasn't aware about it.
Our parents had a joint bank account and they had saved up money for my sister and I ever since we were born.

They handed it over to her when she turned 21 since "she was the only twin left".

Nuriyyah had her own job so she said she hardly took money from the account.

Anees and Aneesah each laid on their backs sleeping peacefully as I packed in loads of toys into another bag.

Aqsa and Nuriyyah were surely going to spoil my kids rotten with gifts and toys.

"You think we're spoiling them? You just wait until our family find out about them", Nuriyyah had said when I complained about the gifts.

"Yup Iman. How'd you know about him??", she asked after she got out of Aqsa's grip.

"He had droppes her off at the apartment one day when I was still pregnant. I asked her about him but she kept on insisting he was just a friend."

"You two should just shut up. I'm right here yunno."

I shrugged,"High time you got a man's attention babe. Besides he ain't bad to have as a husband. He's good-looking. High on the deen. Got a pretty good humour, and also very nice. You yourself stated he's got good listening ears. I wouldn't be surprised if his family drops by someday soon to ask for your hand in marriage."

She sighed as she dropped the toy in her hand and came over to sit on the bed.

"You guys really think he might consider me as a wife material?"

Nuriyyah and I looked at eachother before bursting out in laughter.

"You say wha'???", Nuriyyah giggling.

She pouted,"C'mon you guys. Na so I worse reach??"

I dropped what I was doing and went over to draw her into a big warm hug.

"Forgive us sis, you are definitely going to make a really good wife. It's just the mere idea of seeing you settle down finally in a place for like a really long time that got us laughing. Come to think of it, that would be a really good thing! I would be free from a LOT of things."

"Things like? Pray tell baby girl", Nuriyyah said mischievously as she came to join us on the bed, our activities for the moment forgotten.

I faked a thinking facial expression while staring at the ceiling pretending to be in deep thought while my sisters watched me with expectant eyes.

"Hmmmmm let's see...."

"For starters, I'd definitely not have to watch you cry during movies anylonger. Eeeeck have you seen your face when you CRY?!! Also, I'd be free from hiding my clothes from you. Especially my Khimars hehe. Thennnnnnnnn there'd be no one to fight with me over bed space. I'd have the whole bed to myself...owww!", I exclaimed the moment I felt a sharp pain on my head.

I looked down to find Aqsa with a satisfied smirk.

"What was that for??!"

She huffed, "The guy hasn't even said anything about being interested in me yet and you're here rejoicing on freedom. Iffa sound you ehn."

Nuriyyah laughed heartily, "Gosh it's so nice seeing you two banter. But Aqsa baby, the real question here is, do you like him enough to want to get married?"

She chewed her lower lip subconsciously as she mulled over the question while my twin and I stared at her expectantly.

Her expression changed and she suddenly brust out, "Why did this conversation have change from baby food to marriage!?"

Nuriyyah and I shrugged.

"High time you settled down sweetheart
Besides, I approve of him", Nuriyyah stated.

"I second that."

Aqsa stared at me incredulously before glancing at Nuriyyah too then back at me before lowering her head quietly.

The thing is, Aqsa never likes to talk about herself or her interests or ANYTHING that solely concerns her.
She was always running away or manoeuvring the discussion to shift from her matter.

But this time, I wasn't letting go.
Neither was Nuriyyah.

"If you asked me, I'd say she does like him. But this gal here has got commitment issues", I let out, sending a knowing wink in Nuriyyah's direction.

Aqsa snapped her head up at me, "I don't have commitment issues. I just don't know if he truly cares for me and sees me as wife material and not just a friend. Wouldn't want to spill my feelings out to someone who doesn't even like me in that manner and end up looking like fool."

"Then make Istikhaara. Make Istikhaara, take one of your sisters with you, and tell him how you feel. Or better still you ask your sisters to help you out. Who knows? He might just feel the same about you",a voice said from the doorway.

Nuriyyah and I looked up with a knowing grin to find Iman leaning against the door with a smile.

Aqsa's eyes widened like saucepans as looked like a deer caught in front of headlights.

I took out my phone to take her picture.
"Say cheese!"

......
Say a word!😂😂😂❤️❤️❤️
How was your week?🤸🤸
Anees and Aneesah 🥺🥺🥺
Me likey🙃🙃🌹

Short one
I know😫