ElEvEn

Tisha's POV

I was already in the final lap of my NYSC.
The faster the days went by, the faster my heartbeats.

I had started having morning sickness but I got lucky as Mus'ab was always going to work early.

I was totally enjoying my marriage.
At least mostly.

Aqsa made my life a living hell as she pestered me to tell him everyday.
We were miles apart but that woman sure knew how to rile me up.

"So you just expect me to go up to him and say 'Hey I'm carrying another man's baby in my womb'?!!", I stated sarcastically one morning during a video call.

She smacked her head,"No dumdumbo. You prepare a really nice dinner for him, ensure he's in a good mood, and spill. Not shove it in his face like it's his fault!"

"Oh so now you're saying it's my fault?"

"No no no...but wait oo. Tish, we haven't really talked about how you got that baby inside yourself. For all we know he could be the father."

I shook my head,"Honestly Aq, I really don't want to go there. Let me have this baby first safely. Then we could brainstorm on how I got a sperm inside of me."

Her widened eyes from the other side of the phone indicated she either saw something or had thought of something.

I chose to go with the latter.
She chuckled nervously.

"So about that story... let's do it this way. You're pregnant and don't know who the father is. Accepted. But you can't be married with someone else's child and pin it on your husband. You know what? I'll think of a matching story line and get back to you soonest."

I blinked.
"Is this one okay like this?? Who's talking about story?? I'm in a....",she was making signs with her hand which was indicating that I either played along or shut up.

I chose to do neither.

"Look Aq, I'm not in the mood for play this morning. I'm starting to show signs of pregnancy and sooner or later he's gonna find out."

I paused for a second as a thought hit me while her eyes kept pleading for me to keep shut.

"Come are you okay like this?? Is someone else there in your place??", my eyes lit up.

"Is it that corper guy that likes you from the school??"
She rolled her eyes.

I shook my head in amusement as I continued to make up all sorts of scenarios, none of which I knew wasn't true. But I loved to annoy her.

"So you've got a man in your apartment. How nice. Seeing how you've always hated having anything close to do with them....ehn ehn back to my matter."

She got up and I could see her heading to her kitchen,"So na my case you wan go take drink for. Okay na."

She sighed deeply as she came back.
"I'm gonna need it. Oya continue. And no, I don't have any man here. I still hate 'em."

"You're not gonna marry yourself yunno."

She chuckled.
"I know. Now spill."