ThReE

Tisha's POV

I looked up to find Ummi glaring at me from where she sat.
And damn, was that glare murderous.

Throughout the ceremony she gave me looks that suggested that I had better fake emotions of a typical bride else I was dead meat the moment she gets a chance to lay hands on me.

Lillahi I am not going to do anything.

One thing was to stand in front of a bunch of people I didn't know and faking to be in love.
Another thing was to fake emotions.
I'm even using Niqab for crying out loud!

"Damn you're stone hearted. You haven't said a word of appreciation to anyone that has congratulated us so far", HE whispered in my ears.

"And you're the one with the mushy heart?", I fired back.

I sighted Ummi looking at us closely.
The look on her face was bright enough to light a room.

Let's leave her to her assumptions.

......

Hours later...

So,
I'm married to a stranger.

Mrs Abd'Rahman.

Totally strange and foreign.
I was so used to having a Yoruba surname instead.

My precious thoughts were interrupted as I heard my name being called by my husband.

My husband.
Omooo
This was harder than I thought.

"What?",I snapped.

"It's time to go home", he said sheepishly.

"Okay bye."

He gave a confused look,"What do you mean bye?"

Did this guy usually have issues understanding something once???

"I said bye. Like bye bye. Odabo, ki oju ma tu n rari(Goodbye, may we never meet again)", I said a little bit too sweetly.

Huffing and muttering something under his breath, he stood up to leave the canopy.

No-one needed to tell me before reaching out to pull him back by the hand.

"Where are you going?", I asked with wide eyes.

He wasn't going to report me to Ummi was he??

He dragged his eyes from my gloved hands wrapped around his own hands to my veiled face.

With a sweet smile in return, he said,"Home ofcourse."

"Alone?", I asked dumbly.

"No ofcourse. I'll wait in the car for you."

I blinked,"What makes you think I would come? I already baded goodbye."

He chuckled.

"Hayatee, having studied your relation with your mum for the past few hours, I have no doubts one look from her would get you scrambling into the car."

I scoffed, "I'm not afraid of Ummi."

I felt his hands relax in mine as his lips worked up a smirk.
He was enjoying this!

"Afraid of your mum? Nah. I wouldn't use that word. I'd use terrified instead. You're terrified of your mum Hayatee."

Calm down Tee.
Calm downnnn.

"Omolola!!!"

I jumped up from where I sat as Ummi came walking in through the partition with wide strides.