Intermission

Elizabeth S. Morgan had been living in a two story beach house along the seaside cliffs of Malibu, California for the last five years. She can safely say she's been living the life of a princess. She regularly hosted tea parties for her close friends, serving fine English tea with milk, loose tea leaves steeped through an infuser and not bagged, mind you, along with tiny watercress finger sandwiches (minus the crust, just as she liked it), blueberry scones, and crumpets with homemade honey butter. She spent long days at the beach, building sand castles, sipping smoothies, chasing waves, and reading books, all while working on her golden tan like a true California girl. She dressed in the finest clothes, made of expensive fabric, the cost not mattering because she was told someone as beautiful and angelic as her only deserved to be dressed in the very best the fashion world had to offer.

And all the while, she was happy. Truly happy. She was truly happy because of one man. The man who had made her the apple of his eye. The man who made sure she had the world at her feet. The man who promised to stop at nothing until she got everything she needed, everything she wanted. The man who promised to love her forever and ever, no matter what happened.

She owed everything to this one man. She owed her life to this one man.

This one man.

This one man named Nicholas Morgan.