The Patience Wore Thin

"Baby girl, gising na. Tanghali na," Jake gently kissed his fiancée on the forehead.

Beth rolled over on her stomach and turned her face away from Jake. Jake joined her under the covers and kissed her shoulder blades. She shrugged him off a little, but he just chuckled.

"Babe, I made lunch for us. Lalamig ang pagkain. Tara na, baby girl. I know you're tired, but have some lunch first."

Beth turned over and embraced Jake. He kissed her on the nose as she slowly fluttered her eyes open.

"Good morning, babe."

"Morning," she covered her mouth with her hand, aware that she needed to brush her teeth.

Jake moved her hand away and kissed her softly on the lips. She smacked him gently on the shoulder and padded to the bathroom. Jake waited for her to freshen up by laying on the bed with his arms crossed under his head. She finally stepped out of the bathroom and ran to him, jumping on him causing him to double over.

"Get up, babe!"

She straddled his hips and started wiggling her hips. Her hands were busy sculpting his abs.

"Something will definitely get up if you don't stop wiggling like that."

Beth blushed and laughed. They have been intimate multiple times already, but she could never stop the rose color to tint her cheeks. She got off of him and pulled him up. They walked to the kitchen with their hands around each other's waists. Jake pulled the seat out for her and opened the napkin for her and placed it on her lap.

"Wow, so formal."

"Pasta and green salad lang nakayanan kong ihanda, babe."

"Okay lang. This is so sweet of you, babe. Ang bait naman ng mapapangasawa ko."

"You don't know how much I can't wait to make you my wife. It's been a long time coming for us."

"And it will happen, baby."

"Do you want to set a wedding date?"

"When does your restaurant with Nick open?"

"In about six months. We're actually ahead of schedule, so sana tuloy tuloy lang na ganun."

"Okay, so after that, we'll go home to the Philippines to get married. I'll coordinate with Jen to plan things on her end, the venue, things like that. I know she won't disappoint us."

"Sounds good."

"I love you so much, babe."

"I love you just as much."

They took a very leisurely lunch. Jake planned on having a very lazy Saturday, do nothing but dote on Beth all day. After their heavy meal, they decided to take a walk on the beach. Jake made sure Beth was bundled up. It was now December and a cold breeze could be felt, especially seaside. They walked hand in hand, Jake loving the feel of her palm on his palm, feeling it was more intimate to hold her hand than merely holding her waist or slinging an arm over her shoulder.

They made it back to his house after an hour of enjoying each other's presence on their walk. They didn't talk much, but they didn't need to. The feel of his hand in hers was enough for Beth. This was going to be the longest six months of her life, but, it will be worth the wait. They had just stepped through the sliding door when Jake surprised her by kneeling on the ground on one knee.

"Marry me."

"What? Babe, I already said yes."

"No, babe, marry me. Now. Tomorrow. The day after tomorrow. Please. As soon as possible."